Tokyo University Amgen Fully Funded Scholarship
Tokyo University Amgen Scholarship: The application is open for the 2024 Tokyo University Amgen Scholars program from exceptional students who have the passion for pursuing their academic career in Tokyo. The program’s goal is to provide eight weeks of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences to undergraduate students from various countries (including some from Japan) who are committed to or considering a career in biology or related sciences and want to continue their studies at the graduate level.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): University of Tokyo
Benefits: Fully Funded | Travel Allowance | Accommodation | Stipends
Eligible Country: All countries
Application Deadline: 1 February 2024
Eligibility Requirement for the University of Tokyo Amgen Scholarship
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must also:
- Have a strong record of academic performance; and
- Have a good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Interview and Selection Modality
- To devote full effort to participation in the Amgen Scholars Program. Scholars cannot take any courses or hold a job throughout the program. In addition, all participants must be able to attend the program for its entire duration.
- To live in the accommodation provided by UTokyo.
- To participate fully in the day-to-day life of the research group, respect the work of all members of the laboratory, and attend and participate in laboratory meetings or other gatherings.
- To attend the orientation on the first day of the program, all required conferences, activities, and social events.
- To give a poster/presentation describing his/her summer research project.
- To submit a research paper to the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program Director after the program.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Apply Here
Visit the University of Tokyo Official Website for More Information