Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship for Nigerians
AIG Scholarship: The application is open for the 2023 Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Imoukhude Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians to study at the University of Oxford. This is a fully funded scholarship for leaders and professionals with work experience. AIG Scholars spend a year at one of the world’s finest universities, learning from exceptional academic faculty and professional practitioners while engaging with other future public sector leaders from all across the world. Scholars return to their home countries after finishing their degrees to apply their knowledge to improve policymaking, promote reforms, and contribute to their country’s progress.
Table of Contents
- About the AIG Scholarship
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Benefits of the AIG Imoukhude Foundation Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirement for the AIG Scholarship
- Application Timeline
- Application Procedure
About the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship
The AIG Scholarships were established in 2017 to provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for talented West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government. Since 2017, twenty-nine scholarships totaling more than £50,000 have been offered to future public sector executives who have shown a commitment to the field. Every year, the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will provide five scholarships for excellent individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue a Master of Public Policy degree at the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government (BSG).
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Imoukhude Foundation
Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Country of Study: United Kingdom
University of Study: Oxford University
Benefits: Tuition Fees | Travel Allowance |Living Expenses
Eligible Countries: Nigeria, Ghana
Application Deadline: 15 September 2023
Full Benefits of the AIG Imoukhude Foundation Scholarship
- Financial Support • Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Coaching and Mentoring • Extensive coaching and mentoring will be offered to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- Career Development • AIG Scholars will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford
- Summer Placements: AIG Scholars will embark on summer placements during which they will gain additional knowledge and experience in their areas of interest and build their global networks
Eligibility Requirement for the AIG Scholarship
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Monday, 31 July 2023: Admissions open for our 2024 intake
- Friday, 15 September 2023: Deadlines for applications to the AIG Scholarships
- Saturday, 23 September 2023: Invitation for Computer-Based Tests
- Thursday 5 – Thursday 12 October 2023: Essay Submissions
- Wednesday 25 – Monday 30 October 2023: Video Interviews
- December 2023: Final Selections
- Friday 5 January 2024: Deadline for MPP Applications
- May 2024: Pre-departure Orientation
Interested and suitable qualified students should apply via the Apply Button below.
Visit the Imoukhude Foundation Official Website for More Information