GAIN Agribusiness Innovation Challenge
Agribusiness Innovation Grant: Aiivon Innovation hub, a renowned tech incubation hub for Startups is inviting the general public, and most importantly females and youths who are focused on agripreneurship to 2022 2 Million GAIN Agribusiness Innovation Challenge Equity Grant.
The Agribusiness Innovation Challenge program is a 6-month acceleration program designed to help agriculture-based startups accelerate their business development while providing investment opportunities and exposure opportunities.
The knowledge of the Agribusiness Innovation Challenge will help you to have an understanding of what this challenge is about, and guide you to have better a better chance of securing the 2 Million Equity Grant.
Kindly read the full information provided in this article and apply for this grant via the apply button at the bottom.
About Agribusiness Innovation Challenge
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), a Swiss-based foundation, was founded in 2002 at the United Nations to address the human suffering caused by malnutrition. With governments, businesses, and civil society, GAIN has partnered with Aiivon Innovation Hub to implement the Agribusiness Innovation Challenge to support the holistic development of Nigeria’s agricultural sector.
GAIN’s mission is to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious foods to all people, particularly the most vulnerable. The project aims to assist in the development of businesses through the use of technology, to provide technical assistance training to women and youth-led start-ups in order to strengthen their capacity, improve their access to financial services, and to develop their business concepts through the use of innovation in order to improve supply chain efficiency.
Brief Program Details
Type: Agripreneur Grant
Benefit: 2 Million Naira Grant | Training | Mentorship
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Program Location: Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria
Application Deadline: 3 October 2022
Full Benefits of the GAIN Agribusiness Innovation Challenge
The GAIN Agribusiness Innovation Challenge comes with a full pack of the following for all participants:
The top startups will be eligible for an equity/debt-free sum of about N2,000,000 by GAIN.
2. Business Advisory
Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts
3. Free Business Acceleration and workspace
15 Selected startups will undergo 2-month intensive and specialized technical assistance and business development training by experts and key stakeholders. Startups will also be able to access the workspaces at Aiivon Innovation hub Makurdi and all attached benefits for free.
Access to GAIN and Aiivon network of partners
5. Access to investors
The selected startups would be exposed to local and international investors for possible funding for their business.
Eligibility Requirement for the GAIN Agribusiness Innovation Challenge Equity Grant
Below are the eligibility requirements for the GAIN equity grant:
- Interested applicants must be legitimate citizens of Nigeria by birth or registration.
- Interested participants must have interested in agriculture. They must be agripreneurs.
- All agricultural startups are eligible to apply
Female/Youth-led businesses at early stages are strongly encouraged to apply
Selection Criteria & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for selection for this program, the following criteria have to be met:
- The startup must be operating in Nigeria
- Dedicated time to participate in the program
- Startups with a very strong management team of at least 2 people are desirable.
- Have an Innovative and Marketable Solution (Products/Services) improving supply chain efficiency, and can demonstrate the potential for future scale.
- Startups should have a well-rounded, complementary team i.e. in-house capacity for product vision (what to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it)
- Innovation must support supply chain efficiency i.e it must improve processing, storage, transport, Wholesaling/retailing, and Marketing access in the Agriculture sector.
- Proposals should be as commercially-oriented as possible.
- Solutions should leverage technology.
- The solution must show possible adoption by SMEs
1. We would establish an evaluation board with outside evaluators and experts under strict confidentiality to evaluate proposals.
2. We will have 2 step screening processes, the 1st is document screening and the 2nd is online interview screening.
3. We will select approximately 30 finalists for the innovation challenge of which up to 15 winners will be selected for the program.
September 9th: Launch call for Applications
October 3rd: Application Closes by Midnight
October 8th: Selection Period
October 12th: Innovation Challenge
October 17th: Pitch Readiness Bootcamp
October 22nd: 1st Deal Day
October 31st: Technical training (Incubation Program)
December 22nd: 2nd Deal Day
How to Apply
Are you an agri-tech startup or an agripreneur with solutions that support the efficiency of agriculture, do you have interested to benefit from the GAIN 2 Million Grant? Kindly apply via the Apply Button below.
Visit the Aiivon Official Website for More Information