2023 Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship Scheme Phase 5 for Nigerian Students
Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship: The Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) is kicking its 2023 with its scholarship award to Ogoni students from the four Ogoni LGAs in Rivers state. Eligible and qualified Nigerian students are invited to apply for the2023 Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship Scheme Phase 5 (OSS 5).
You are encouraged to read the full information provided here and apply via the Apply Button below this article.
Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship Overview
Kiisi Trust Foundation works to empower & improve individuals and rural communities through collaboration with private & public institutions & donors. Although it has had some impact of resource exploitation on Ogoniland, an area in the Niger Delta, and how it has become symbolic of environmental degradation. Between 1976 and 1991, over 2,900 oil spills occurred, releasing roughly 2.1 million barrels of oil and causing significant environmental damage.
The region gained international attention in the early 1990s after the death of environmental activist Ken Saro-Wiwa, whose struggle and that of other Ogoni activists eventually led to the cessation of oil production activities in 1993. Despite this, the damage was already done. In 2009, a group of survivors and family members of human rights abuse victims received a $15.5 million out-of-court settlement from Shell. With $5 million of that settlement, they established the Kiisi Trust Fund, which supports education, health, community development, and other initiatives for the Ogoni people and their communities.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF)
Type: Merit Based Scholarship
Education Criteria: Undergraduate Students (200 level).
Award Value: >100,000 Naira annually
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 15th of May, 2023.
Eligibility Requirements for the Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship
- Must be an Ogoni student.
- Must be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria.
- Must be in 200 Level (2022/2023 session).
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5-grade system or 2.4 on a scale of 4.0.
- Applicant must have a BVN complaint account without maximum amount restriction.
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
- Application is restricted to Ogoni students studying at any approved institution in Nigeria.
- Must have a Valid Admission letter (JAMB or School).
- Part-time students shall not be considered.
Female students are strongly encouraged to apply…
Required Documents for the Kiisi Trust Foundation (KTF) Scholarship
Below are the required documents for the scholarship application:
- Passport photograph with white background.
- School ID card approved by school authority.
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter approved by a federal, state university or polytechnic.
- Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
- O level results: and A level/OND/NCE Results as applicable.
- 100 level Academic Result or Current CGPA transcript duly stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff.
- Each documents submitted should not be more than 300KB and must be in PDF or JPG formats only.
- The File name of your document must start with your Matric NO (e.g. LASU2017/906783AdmissionLetter.jpg
- Application Number will be assigned to you when all document required are submitted and personal information are filled.
- Documents uploaded beyond the Application deadline will be discarded and be considered nulled.
For enquiries, complaints and technical assistance on registration use:
- Help Desk 1: 08187341617, 09041248951, 08026193845
- Help Desk 2: [email protected]
- Help Desk 3: [email protected]
- Help Desk 4: [email protected]
Also, when contacting us for any complaints, please, state your username and the exact error message. If not you may not get a response.
How to Apply
Kindly follow the steps below to apply:
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Check your email inbox or spam folder to activate your account.
- Enter your registered username & password to login.
- Enter your personal, educational, bank information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documents in same order.
- Make sure to view all documents after uploading to avoid errors.
- Upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors.
- Multiple applications or submission always attracts a disqualification penalty.
Scholarship Past Questions
MyscholarshipNG has created an official online store that contains a ton of Past questions to scholarship, internship & Job opportunities.
If you are looking at excelling in any aptitude test, then you might want to consider getting the past questions (it goes for 1K only)