2023 ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) For Young Africans
ARIPO YPP Fellowship: The application is open for the 2023 ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) For Young Africans. Suitable and qualified candidates are invited to apply for this exceptional professional program.
ARIPO Young Professionals Programme is a well-structured, one-of-a-kind on-the-job learning and development program designed to groom and nurture high-potential young professionals from a variety of academic backgrounds.
This Program is also intended to investigate the technical aspects of Intellectual Property (IP), as well as leadership and administrative roles, with the goal of empowering them to contribute to Africa’s socioeconomic growth and development.
Brief Programme Details
Sponsor(s): The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO)
Reward: Monthly stipend of US$2,500 | Accommodation | Travel Ticket
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Deadline: March 10, 2023
Full Program Benefits and Duration
- Monthly stipend of US$2,500;
- a once-off settling-in grant of an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend, on appointment;
- free travel (to the host country) on appointment and (to home country) on completion of the program;
- Medical Aid (80% employer and 20% participant);
- annual leave, sick leave, and compassionate leave;
- Group Life, Funeral, and Accident Cover;
- a once-off repatriation grant of an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend on completion of the program.
To be considered for the program, you must have:
- First Degree in Law (LLB), Botany, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Economics, and Statistics
- obtained not more than five years prior to the date of application.
- Planning, and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Creativity and innovativeness Strong digital literacy
- Not more than 28 years of age at the time of application.
Below are the documents required for the ARIPO YP application:
- detailed curriculum vitae,
- copies of relevant academic and professional certificates,
- national identity document/passport,
- and a recent passport-size photograph saved
Below are eligible African countries:
Botswana, Cape Verde, Kingdom of Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
If you want to be considered for this position, please send an application letter to [email protected] by 10 March 2023, along with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, a national identity document/passport, and a recent passport-size photograph saved as a single PDF.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be notified and will proceed to the next stage of the selection process.
Visit the ARIPO Official Website for More Details