Fully Funded DAAD MIPLC Scholarships
DAAD MIPLC Scholarships: The application is open for the 2024/2025 Fully Funded DAAD MIPLC Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. The DAAD MIPLC Scholarship is a German scholarship opportunity for International Students from developing countries who aspire to study abroad. Suitable and eligible students are invited to apply. Kindly read the eligibility requirements provided below and apply via the Apply Button.
Table of Contents
- About the DAAD MIPLC Scholarships
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Benefits of the DAAD MIPLC Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirements of the DAAD MIPLC Scholarship
- Required Documents
- Application Procedure
About the DAAD MIPLC Scholarships
The DAAD encourages the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs. Local professionals who are well-trained and networked with foreign partners play a crucial role in their countries’ long-term development. They are the best assurance of a brighter future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all.
The scholarships provide foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience with the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree and a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor: DAAD German Academic Exchange Services
Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Award Value: Full Tuition Fees Waiver | Travel Allowance | Accommodation
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Application Deadline: 15 October 2023
Full Benefits of the DAAD MIPLC Scholarship
- The scholarship recipient(s) will get a full tuition waiver from the MIPLC.
- The DAAD will pay the scholarship recipient(s) a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00.
- As a rule, the scholarship additionally includes certain payments towards health, accident, and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- In addition, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance.
- Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program.
The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
Eligibility Requirements of the DAAD MIPLC Scholarship
Candidates eligible for the DAAD scholarship for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” must:
- Hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- Have received their latest degree no more than six years ago.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account). To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if the candidate has completed the two years by the time the program starts in October. In any case, the experience must have been gained after the completion of your first university degree.
- Have English test scores that meet the MIPLC requirements (see scholarship website).
Below are the documents required for the DAAD scholarship application:
- Detailed CV
- A letter of recommendation has been signed
- Diploma/degree certificate
- Transcript (and rating)
- Certificate of school leaving
- Grade conversion sheet
- Evidence of professional experience
- English Language test
- Application fee and proof of payment
- A signed financial aid application form.
- A signed statement on the basis of the economy.
- Supporting documents.
- A signed DAAD application form.
You may apply more than a year in advance. To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
1. Please refer to the List of all Postgraduate courses 2024/2025 and read the information carefully.
2. Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, stricter requirements prevail.
3. Apply for admission to the MIPLC (please refer to the How to Apply page).
4. When you come to the end of the online application form, check “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically (please refer to the Financial Assistance Application Instructions).
5. Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided.
6. Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (please refer to the DAAD brochure; NB: the MIPLC does not require a research proposal). You only have to submit one copy of each document, even if a document, e.g. your CV, is required by both MIPLC and DAAD.
7. Make sure that your file is complete, including all three application forms
(the MIPLC application form for admission; the MIPLC application form for financial assistance, and the DAAD application form for the scholarship)
and all the required documents. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Please note that we only need the original application package, no additional copies.
8. Make copies of all application documents. If you are awarded the scholarship, you will have to upload electronic copies of these documents to the DAAD’s system.
Send Your Application: Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by October 15 of the year preceding the program’s start.
Visit the DAAD MIPLC Official Website for More Information