WAAW Foundation Scholarship for Africans
WAAW Foundation Scholarship: The application is open for the 2023/2024 WAAW Foundation scholarship for African students. We are searching for scholars who see a need in their community and have the desire and ambition to make a difference. This section covers all of the information you need to submit an application successfully. We advise you to thoroughly review it in order to increase your chances of being selected for an award.
Table of Contents
- About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
- Brief Program Details
- Benefits of the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirements
- Required Documents
- Eligible Courses
- Application Procedure
About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
The WAAW Foundation Scholarship allows African female college students to complete their education in a STEM-related field. With this scholarship, you are free to focus on your academic goals while also volunteering to give back to your community and encourage the involvement of women in STEM through their university’s STEM Outreach Chapter.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor: WAAW Foundation
Type: Financial Funding
Award Value: $500
Eligible Students: Undergraduate Students
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 17 November 2023
Full Benefits of the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The Scholarship is a one-time fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
Eligibility Requirements of the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
You are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a university or college in Africa.
- Presently a first- or second-year student or a third-year student for a 5-year course in a university.
- Ability to demonstrate financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
Ensure you submit the following documents:
- 2 Reference Letters are to be submitted by your referees.
- 1 signed and sealed copy of your current transcript from your university.
- 1 scanned copy of your school ID card.
- Personal Statement/Essay (These documents are not required at the time of application)
Tips for Writing a Strong Personal Statement
It is critical to be honest and authentic when writing your personal statement. Tell us about your background and why you are interested in STEM. Make a point of emphasizing your academic achievements, leadership abilities, and community service. You might also discuss the difficulties you’ve encountered and how you overcame them.
Eligible Courses for WAAW Scholarship
Below are eligible courses and non-eligible courses for the WAAW Scholarship:
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc.
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
Important Note: WAAW does not fund diploma, polytechnic, and graduate (masters, MBA, or Ph.D.) programs, students older than 32 years, or non-STEM-focused courses.
Please read the material provided below to help you with your application. Click the Apply Button below to visit the scholarship application page.
Your application will include the following:
- The application form should be filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to the essay Where to buy modafinil online Reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW Foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your university is to be emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Visit the WAAW Foundation Official Website for More Information