Currently ongoing is an opportunity for agripreneurs. This is 2022/2023 IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training for Young Agripreneurs. Those who have interested in Agricultural Entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project on Food Processing and Packaging Training aims to equip unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs with the skills they need to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture.
The project’s various initiatives aim to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that offers opportunities to people with limited education.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(S): IFAD Agrihub Nigeria
Type: Training and Fellowship
Award Value: Full Sponsorship
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 8 August 2022
- classroom teaching,
- hands-on learning in the field, and
- internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory
What to Expect from the IFAD Agrihub Training?
The expected outcome of the training is as follows;
- To prevent food wastage, youth must be trained in postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging, which is one of the mandates of the IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project.
- This training is in collaboration with Cato Food, Iwo, Osun State. The program provides a curriculum for youth (male and female) to learn about postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging.
- The program includes classroom teaching, hands-on learning in the field, and internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory
To be considered for the training, you must meet the following conditions:
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially food processing and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Iwo, Ileogbo, Oluponna, Kuta and environs will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant food processing companies.
NOTE: Females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the application process by clicking the Apply Button below.
The program is expected to take place in Iwo, Osun State.