Application is currently ongoing for the 2023-2024 ACI Foundation International Scholarships/Fellowships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students – USA, Canada.
For students and E-Members, the ACI Foundation in full American Concrete Institute offers several Fellowship and undergraduate Scholarship opportunities. Annually, ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are awarded to students with a passion for concrete to help them achieve their educational and career goals. During the award year, the student must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as defined by the college or university. Applications from anywhere in the world will be accepted, but study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
ACI Foundation Fellowships are available to anyone in the world; however, you must attend a university in the United States or Canada during the award year.
About American Concrete Institute
The American Concrete Institute established the ACI Foundation as a non-profit organization to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration by funding research and scholarships, as well as serving as an independent resource to provide thought leadership and strategic direction to the concrete industry. As the ACI Foundation identifies trends and opportunities, its proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative approach provides those who are passionate about their work and legacy with an institution for contributing to the future through their expertise, experience, and donations.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): American Concrete Institute (ACI)
Academic Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Award Value: Fully Funded Scholarship
Countries to Study: USA, Canada
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
Application Deadline: 1 November 2022
Full Benefits of ACI Foundation International Scholarships/Fellowships
- The educational stipend is paid in two equal installments over the course of one year directly to the student to cover expenses related to tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. The receipt of stipends is contingent upon attendance at scheduled ACI Concrete Conventions during the award cycle.
Eligibility Requirements for ACI Foundation International Scholarships/Fellowships Qualification
Below are the eligibility requirements to be considered for this scholarship program:
- Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
- A single online application form will be used for all the fellowship and scholarship awards. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Please select as many for which you wish to be considered but be sure you read each award requirements. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.)?
- When the award cycle begins in the spring of 2023, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) If chosen as a finalist, can you attend an interview in person at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 27, 2022? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation. All travel will be contingent upon the country and state restrictions at that time. If in-person interviews can not occur, the process will be virtual.
- (Fellowships with Mandatory Internships) Can you fulfill a 10- to a 12-week internship during the summer of 2024?
- To be eligible for an award, you must be a full-time student for the entire award/school term (spring semester 2023 through fall semester 2024).
- Resume must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Acrobat Adobe (.pdf) format.
- Remember to save your data during each session of the online application before closing the platform.
- All application materials, including endorsements and transcripts, must be received by the application deadline. All materials are to be submitted online. No hard copies will be accepted, except for official transcripts which may be mailed.
- Awardees will be determined during the ACI Concrete Convention in the spring and notified shortly after the convention.
Apply Also: 2022/2023 British Chevening Scholarships to Study in UK
Selection Modality for ACI Foundation International Scholarships/Fellowships
Selection Criteria: This is done Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select scholarship and fellowship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
- Those applicants chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation fellowship will be notified by February 4, 2023, and must be available to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, April 2, 2023, at the spring ACI Concrete Convention. ACI Foundation will pay for the flight, hotel, and registration, and will include a travel stipend.
How to Apply for the ACI Foundation Scholarship/Fellowship
If mailed, transcripts shall be sent to:
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
38800 Country Club Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
- Any document, including transcripts, received by ACI Foundation becomes the property of ACI Foundation and will not be returned.
- All ACI Foundation fellowships and scholarships can be withdrawn for failure to comply with any of the items above.
- The applicant evaluation does not and shall not discriminate because of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
FELLOWSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Visit ACI Official Website for More Information