Fullbright Scholarship Program
Fullbright Study Grants: The fullbright study grant is an exceptional opportunity for Germany nationals and German-Americans to benefit from the 2023 Fulbright Study Grants for Master’s Level Study Visits in USA. The German-American Fulbright Commission takes pleasure in declaring the accessibility of educational grants for German students to pursue their studies for a period of one to two semesters at the Master’s level in the United States through the Fullbright scholarship program.
About the Fullbright Scholarship
The Fulbright scholarship program has been offering academic and cultural exchange opportunities since 1952. It aims to attract enthusiastic and committed students with varied personal and academic backgrounds who are eager to actively participate in the Fulbright community.
The Fullbright Scholarship Program presents a diverse selection of courses to potential candidates, enabling them to engage in intimate discussions with their professors and study diligently in small clusters. The program also fosters a dynamic and diverse campus culture, which particularly intrigues Germans and encourages them to immerse themselves in this stimulating environment.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Fullbright Germany
Type: Study Grant
Programme: Master’s degree
Award Benefits: Funding
Eligible Countries: Germany
Application Deadline: 8 September 2023
Full Benefits of The Fullbright Scholarship Grant
The Fulbright study grants offer the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of the application fee at the host university
- Funding for living expenses and (part of) tuition, up to US$34,500 for 9 months and up to US$15,300 for 4 months
- Travel allowance of 1,400 euros for transatlantic arrival and departure
- Ancillary costs flat rate of 600 euros (for test fees and initial costs)
- Fee-free Fulbright visa issuance
- US Health and Accident Insurance
- Preparation and networking seminars
- Inclusion in the worldwide Fulbright Network, our digital platform
- Advice and support from Fulbright Germany and US partners
Below are the criteria to be considered for the Fullbright Grants:
- Applicants must be German nationality
- Interested applicants must have convincing motivation for study and cultural exchange in the USA
- All candidates must demonstrate active social, cultural, or political engagement.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- It is mandatory that candidates have good academic performance and demonstrate proficiency in English language.
Applicants are to make available the following documents:
- Questionnaire for applicants (in German)
- Study/Research Objective (1 page)
- Personal statement (1 page, in English)
- Transcript of Records (overview of academic achievements)
- Scan of the university entrance qualification
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in German or English
- Declaration of consent to data protection regulations
- Portfolio (only for artistic disciplines, if applicable)
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should visit the Fullbright Germany application page here for more information.