The application is open for the 2023 Rhodes Trust Scholarships for students all around the globe to study at the University of Oxford in the UK. This is a golden Scholarship opportunity for students who desire to study in the United Kingdom.
Rhodes Trust hereby invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the life-changing opportunity at the University of Oxford.
About Rhodes Trust Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest international scholarship program (first given in 1902), allowing excellent young people from all around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarship has only been an opportunity for Africans to study at the University of Oxford with remarkable young people from around the world.
The Rhodes Scholarship Covers Oxford University Course fees, as well as provides an annual stipend. During the 2021/2022 academic year, the stipend is 17,310 Euros per annum (1,442.50 Euros per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
What You Must Know About the University of Oxford
The Institution of Oxford is an English college research university. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the English-speaking world’s oldest university and the world’s second-oldest institution in continuous existence.
Oxford is a world-leading center of learning, teaching, and research. The University of Oxford contributes approximately £15.7 billion to the UK economy and employs over 28,000 full-time employees.
Oxford is home to the world’s oldest university museum, as well as the world’s largest university press, and the nation’s largest academic library system. The university earned a total of £2.45 billion in the fiscal year ending 31 July 2019, with research grants and contracts accounting for £624.8 million of that total.
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes Trust
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host University: University of Oxford
Academic Level: Masters and Ph.D. Programs
Eligible Countries: Full list of eligible countries is stated below.
Number of Scholarships: 100
Application Deadlines: The application is open between 1 June and 1 August 2022 depending on your country. Do well to register on time to be on the safer side.
To be eligible for this scholarship, interested candidates must meet up with the following requirements:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Check the eligible Countries here.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of a minimum of 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
Eligible Countries for Rhodes Trust Scholarships
- East Africa: Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
- Southern Africa: South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini),
- See Countries specific criteria
Other Countries: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, New Zealand, Pakistan, SJLP (including Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine), United Arab Emirates, United States.
Eligible Field of Studies: Courses offered at the University of Oxford
Below are the documents required for the application process:
- Evidence of academic record/transcript (complete or in progress) of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
How to Apply for Rhodes Trust Scholarship Award
- Click on the apply button below
- Enter the name of your country
- Ensure you read the eligibility for your country properly
- Go ahead with the application
- Submit when you are done.
Best of Luck!