Chevening Scholarship for International Students Worldwide
Chevening UK Scholarship: The highly anticipated 2024/2025 Chevening UK fully funded Scholarship to study in the UK is just around the corner, so get ready! This outstanding opportunity represents a step toward reaching academic goals in the United Kingdom for numerous ambitious scholars around the world. As the excitement grows, we are delighted to share this introduction, which sheds light on the upcoming 2024/2025 Chevening UK Scholarship. This essay will go through the specifics of this life-changing program, including its advantages, qualifying conditions, and application process.
Table of Contents
- About the UK Chevening Scholarship
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Requirement of the Chevening Scholarship
- Required Documents
- Selection Modality
- Application Procedure
About the UK Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship is a distinguished international scholarship program supported by the government of the United Kingdom. Its goal is to provide exceptional people with the opportunity to pursue a fully supported postgraduate degree at a UK university. Chevening, which was founded in 1983, has supported over 50,000 scholars from various nations, nurturing future leaders and establishing long-term partnerships between the UK and partner countries.
Tuition fees, transport expenses to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, and a monthly stipend for living expenses are all covered by the scholarship. Applicants from more than 160 nations and territories with a diverse range of academic and professional backgrounds are welcome to apply. Chevening Scholars are expected to return to their home countries after finishing their studies to utilize their newfound knowledge and help their respective communities.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): UK Government in partnership with other organizations
Study Location: United Kingdom
Academic Level: Masters
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: Chevening Countries. See the full list of eligible countries in subsequent sections
Application Timeline: The application opens on September 2023
Quickly Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Group for Authentic Scholarships Here
Full Benefits of the Chevening Scholarship
Below are the benefits attached to the Chevening Scholarships Award:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
PLEASE NOTE: Having already obtained a master’s degree does not disqualify you from applying for a Chevening Award to pursue a second master’s degree in the UK. The key is to provide a compelling explanation of how this additional degree aligns with your career goals and will enable you to drive positive change in your home country.
Eligibility Requirement for the 2024/2025 UK Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Eligible Countries: Kindly see the full list of Chevening eligible countries here.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
One of the most important aspects of your application is choosing the right courses at the right universities.
To be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programs)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Course Programmes based in the UK
Courses cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- Ph.D. or DPhil
- Taught with more than one month of study outside the U
Required Documents for the Scholarship Application
- Completed online application form
- Valid passport or national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates for all degrees you have completed
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- Two references (professional or academic)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of purpose (500 words) – Explain why you want to study in the UK and how the Chevening Scholarship will benefit your career and your home country.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here. If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively. The deadlines for these required documents will be updated in the Chevening application timeline.
Below is a step-by-step application procedure and process for the Chevening Scholarship:
Step 1: Application Page
- Visit the Chevening Application page via the Apply Button below. OR Visit the Application Page Here
Step 2: Create an Account
- Create an account on the Chevening online application system by providing your email address and setting up a password. See a comprehensive step-by-step application guide for the Canada scholarships here.
Step 3: Complete the Online Application
- Log in to the Chevening application system and start filling out the online application form.
- Provide personal information, academic and professional details, and your preferred UK master’s course choices.
- Prepare your Statement of Purpose (500 words) explaining your career goals, reasons for studying in the UK, and how the scholarship will contribute to your country’s development.
Step 4: Submit Reference Letters
- Request two references (academic or professional) to support your application.
- Share the reference request form with your chosen referees, and ensure they submit their references before the application deadline.
Step 5: University Offer
- Apply for admission to up to three UK master’s courses at different universities.
- Secure an unconditional offer from one of the universities by the Chevening offer deadline. It is advisable you start submitting applications for admission to UK Universities now.
Step 6: Submit the Application and Supporting Documents
- Carefully review your application to ensure all required sections are completed.
- Upload all the necessary documents, including your transcripts, degree certificates, and English language test scores.
- Submit your application before the specified deadline.
Step 7: Review and Selection Stage
- Your application will be reviewed by the Chevening reading committees, which consist of academics, professionals, and UK government officials.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, typically held in their home country.
Step 8: Interview Stage
- Prepare for the interview by reviewing your application and practicing responses to potential questions.
- Attend the interview at the designated location and date as communicated by Chevening.
Step 9: Final Selection and Offer
- After the interviews, the final selection of Chevening Scholars will be made.
- If you are successful, you will receive a scholarship offer via email.
Step 10: Acceptance and Visa
- Accept the scholarship offer within the given timeframe and provide any additional requested information.
- Apply for your UK student visa with the support of the Chevening team.
Visit the Chevening UK Official Website for More Information