GKS Scholarship for International Students
GKS Scholarship: The Global Korea Scholarship for international students to study abroad is here again. The application portal for this fully funded GKS scholarship will be open shortly as such this content is to provide you with information on all you need to know about the GKS Scholarship application process.
Table of Contents
- About GKS Scholarship
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Benefits of The GKS Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirements for the GKS Scholarship
- GKS Scholarship Programs and Universities
- Available Fields of Study
- Required Documents
- Application Procedure
About GKS Scholarship
The Global Korea Scholarship aims to provide overseas students with the opportunity to pursue academic degrees in Korean higher education institutions. This would boost international educational exchange and strengthen ties between Korea and the countries involved.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Korean Government & NIIED
Type: Undergraduate Scholarship
Study Country: South Korea
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: International
Application Open: Coming Soon
Full Benefits of The GKS Scholarship
GKS Scholarship 2023 is one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world, covering not only your airfare and tuition fees but also a stipend of 900,000 KRW and your medical insurance.
The GKS Scholarship has the following benefits and offers:
- Airfare Allowance (Economy class ticket)
- Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Degree Completion Grants
- Medical Insurance
- Language Training Fee
- Tuition Fee
Eligibility Requirements for the GKS Scholarship
Below are the requirements considered for the GKS Scholarship:
Applicants must be citizens of a country that has diplomatic relations with South Korea at the time of application.
Applicants for undergraduate degree programs must not be more than 25 years of age.
All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of the program
- The bachelor’s degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school or from an associate degree program
- The associate degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school
Applicants who are expected to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If such applicants pass the final round of selection, they must submit
a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023
Score (GPA) Requirements
The Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the entire curriculum from the previous (degree) program must meet one of the two conditions below:
- The score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% of one’s class
- CGPA must be equal to or above64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5 or 3.23/5.0
GKS Scholarship Programs and Universities
This year 200 students from all around the world will be invited under the GKS Scholarship 2023 for the Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree programs.
Out of the 200 students, 81 students will be selected via the Embassy Track and 119 students will be chosen via the University Track.
Available Fields of Study
- All fields of study offered by GKS-participating universities
- Academic programs offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, and online and distant learning programs are not applicable to this scholarship program
- Applicants can only apply to the universities and departments that are listed in the “University Information” file attached under the GKS Notice post on the Study in Korea website.
Below you can find the list of all the universities for GKS Scholarship 2023 for both the Embassy Track and University Track.
- Application Form (Required)
- Personal Statement (Required)
- Study Plan (Required)
- One Letter of Recommendation (Required)
- GKS Applicant Agreement (Required)
- Personal Medical Assessment (Required)
- Proof of Citizenship (Required, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- High School Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation) (Required, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- Academic Transcript of High School Curriculum (Required, submit with apostille/ consular-confirmation)
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation) of Associate Degree Program (Required for relevant applicants, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- Academic Transcript of Associate Degree (Required for relevant applicants, submit with apostille/ consular-confirmation)
- Proof of Overseas Korean (Required for relevant applicants, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document (Required for relevant applicants, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant (Required for relevant applicants, submit with apostille/consular confirmation)
- Score Report of Valid TOPIK (original) or English Proficiency Test (copy) (Optional)
- Copy of Awards and Other Certificates, etc. (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport (copy) or National Identity Card (Required for relevant applicants)
Eligible and suitable candidates should apply via the official GKS Application page. Kindly note that the Official Application Link will be updated here immediately 2024 application commences in this month of September.
Visit the GKS Official Website Here for More Information