Abroad Scholarship: Here is an exceptional opportunity for Africans to study abroad. Interested and suitable qualified candidates are invited to Apply for the Ashinaga African Initiative Undergraduate Scholarships 2023.
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative was established in 2014. Its mission is to help Sub-Saharan Africa’s growing role in global development by expanding access to higher education abroad.
Ashinaga African Initiative Undergraduate Scholarships
The Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship for African Orphans is now accepting applications.
We help orphaned students who want to return home and make a difference by providing full financial support to study at a university abroad. Ashinaga assistance covers tuition, housing, travel expenses, and other necessary fees.
Brief Scholarship Details
Host Countries: Study in USA | Study in Canada | Study in UK | Study in Europe | Study in Asia | Study in Australia | Study in Africa
Sponsor(s): Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI)
Academic Program: Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 20 January 2023
Full Scholarship Reward
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that comes with the following benefits:
- Fully Funded Tuition Fee
- Travel Allowance
- Monthly Stipend
- Other Education expenses are fully covered
To be considered for the Ashinaga Scholarship, you must:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 2nd August 2020, including all of 2021 and 2022)
- Or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2023.
- Be born after 1st September 2000.
- Not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
Also Apply: 2023 ASU/Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship at Arizona State University
- Be proficient in English, French or Portuguese.
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contributing to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Photo or scan of at least one of the following documents; Passport, National ID Card, or Birth Certificate
- Photo or scan of your most recent Secondary School Term Report/Transcript
- Photo or scan of your final Secondary School Examination Results Certificate (if applicable)**
**For students receiving their examination results in February 2023, we will ask you to send your examination certificate as soon as possible after you have received it.
Note: All documents must be submitted in French or English if possible. Use the Gregorian (Western) calendar to fill in the application.
How to Apply
Create a new account using the “Apply Button” at the bottom of this page.
You will receive an e-mail (please check the spam/junk box) with instructions to begin your registration.
Complete your Eligibility Profile to confirm you are eligible for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative.
Follow the instructions to complete the applicable registration form.