Facebook Ph.D. Meta Research Fellowship: Here is an exceptional opportunity for international students to partake in the 2023 Facebook Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowship Program for International Students. This is an opportunity to study in the United States.
All International Students from all over the world are invited to apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program in the United States of America in 2023.
The Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowship is a global program that encourages and supports promising doctoral students at accredited universities who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in computer science and engineering.
About the Facebook Ph.D. Meta Research Fellowship
The Fellowship includes two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living expenses, various opportunities to interact with Meta researchers, and an invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
Meta makes no claim to work done during or as a result of the Fellowship. The Fellow owns all of the research he or she conducts. This does not include any work done as a Meta employee if the Fellow does an internship or consult during their Fellowship.
Tuition will be paid to the school directly. Unless otherwise specified, the total stipend of $42,000 will be paid to Fellow via direct deposit. Stipends must be paid to Fellows directly. Each year, stipend payments are sent once a tuition invoice for the respective fall term is received.
The award funds are distributed during the fall semester of the awarded year(s) and end at the end of the spring semester. If a Fellow graduates in the middle of the academic year, they will receive their full semester tuition as well as half of their stipend.
Brief Program Details
Academic Programme: Postgraduate/Ph.D. Scholarships
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Application Deadline: 20 September 2022
Research Field Areas
For the 2023 Facebook Fellowships, below are the available Research Field Areas
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Networking and Connectivity
- Economics and Computation
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Computer Graphics
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Structured Data Stores
- Machine Learning
- Privacy and Data Use
- Social and Economic Policy
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Programming Languages
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Natural Language Processing
- Distributed Systems
- Systems for Machine Learning.
To be considered for the Facebook Fellowship, you must:
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023) What this means is that, you should apply for admission and secure admission to PhD program in an accredited university
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta
Also Apply: 2023 Brown University Information Futures Lab Fellowship Program
Full Award Value and Duration
- The Scholarship period will run for up to 2 years or 4 Semesters
- The Scholarship will provide a Full Tuition fee waiver, plus a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs
- Fellows will have opportunities to engage with Meta researchers
- Invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- CV or resume
- Research Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
How to Apply
Applicants can get started by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. Applicants will be asked to provide contact information for references during the application process. After submitting the application, references will receive an email with instructions to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022. For more information on references and how to apply, please visit SurveyMonkey Apply.
Changes to applications will no longer be accepted after the application deadline. The Fellowship review process does not include an interview.
The winners will be notified in mid-January 2023. The Meta Research blog will announce the winners. We are unable to provide individual feedback on proposals due to the volume of submissions.
Interested and Qualified candidates should click on the “Apply Button” below to apply.