I will share with you one of the Highest-Paid Scholarships for students in Africa.
And that’s, “The 2023 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship (DOF)”.
You will learn all about the Oyedepo scholarship, how to apply, what to expect during the scholarship application, the scholarship’s worth plus its deadline and selection criteria.
In simple words, you will learn everything about the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship from scratch to finish.
So, tighten your seat belt and let’s ride on.
Here’s what we would cover in this post.
Table of Content
- #1. What is the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship all about?
- #2. Who is the Founder of the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship?
- #3. Who is Pastor David Oyedepo?
- #4. Eligibility & Criteria for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- #5. Eligible Field of Study for DOF Scholarship
- #6. Benefits of DOF Scholarship to Nigerian Students
- #7. Selection Process & Criteria for David Oyedepo Scholarship
- #8. How to apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- #9. Deadline for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- #10. Conclusion
PS: you can always skip over to a section by clicking on any link above.
Let’s get started.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): David Oyedepo Scholarship board.
Award Value: Not Specified.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 30th of June 2023.
Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Community Here for the Latest Opportunities
1. What the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship is all about?
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship is the major platform used by DOF to utilize its Goals and Vision across Africa. The Scholarship program awards scholarship grants to qualified indigenes and residents of African Countries and have been offered provisional admission into Landmark and Covenant University, Nigeria.
- 20 High Paying Scholarships in Nigeria you shouldn’t miss out (2023)
- The Top 45 Most Popular Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students in (2023)
2. Who is the Founder of the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship?
The founder of the David Oyedepo foundation and DOF Scholarship is Pastor David Olaniyi Oyedepo.
3. Who is Pastor David Oyedepo?
Pastor David Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, preacher, founder, and general overseer of the Mega Church Faith Tabernacle (Winners Chapel) also known as Living Faith church Nigeria.
In 2011, Forbes Magazine officially recognized him as the richest pastor in Nigeria with a net worth of $150 Million.
Pastor David Oyedepo has published over 70 books with “Pillars of Destiny” being the most popular in Nigeria Times.
The Megachurch Faith Tabernacle has branches all over the 36 states in Nigeria, 45 countries in Africa, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Dubai. It is said to have the Largest Church Auditorium in the world with over 50,000 seats.
4. Eligibility & Criteria for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
So you want to apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship right now.
But do you know if you are qualified to apply for it?
I will share with you the eligibility and Criteria for the DOF Scholarship before beginning your application.
In short, from the eligibility, you will know if you are qualified or not.
Let’s dive in.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Official Criteria & Eligibility are:
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or have a permanent residence in any African Nation.
- Must be qualified to receive an Official Nigerian Visa
- You must have acquired at least 20 marks above the JAMB cut-off mark, but a 250 and above stands you apart from the crowd.
- Have already begun your application or have secured admission to Landmark or Covenant University.
- Must have at least 80% average or 4.0 CGPA out of 5.0 in secondary (High school) transcript.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 25 at the time of applying for the DOF Scholarship.
- You must be absolutely good at reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Applicants must stick to the mode of application which is to be done Online.
Keynotes about David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
Here’s some of the important information you need to know while applying for the DOF Scholarship.
- The Scholarship application is not a guarantee for admission into the stipulated Universities.
- Note that all admission into the prestigious University is scrutinized by the University Admission Team and not by the Scholarship foundation board.
- The Scholarship award is strictly conditional on prior Admission into the University.
- Lastly, if you don’t meet any of the requirements mentioned above, your name or application will not be forwarded to the technical committee.
5. Eligible Field of Study for DOF Scholarship
David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) Scholarship award is issued based on the eligible field of study.
That is to say,
If you aren’t pursuing the eligible course of study, you will be disqualified.
Here’s the list of Eligible fields of Study accepted by the DOF:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information & Communications Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology
- Computer Science
- Soil Science
- Crop Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural and bio-system Engineering
You Can Also Apply: 2022 Etinosa Oghogho Foundation (EOF) Grand Scholarship Lunch
6. Benefits of DOF Scholarship to African Students
David Oyedepo Scholarship offers tons of benefits to students within Africa who currently are pursuing an undergraduate degree program at Landmark or Covenant University Nigeria.
The benefits of the DOF Scholarships are listed below:
- Awarded candidates are given the opportunity to acquire a 1st Degree Study at the stipulated University.
- All awardees are given the opportunity to stack up unique leadership potentials that are lacking in the leaders of our society through yearly programs and community development initiatives.
- The Scholarship program covers the full academic fees and expenses for the 5-year study duration excluding any form of travel allowances, living expenses, medical or health insurance, and any other fees generated outside or within the University.
PS: All awardees officially become a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and are expected to meet the following requirements mentioned below to remain a DOF Scholar:
- Awarded candidates must be African or a resident of any African country
- Awardees must currently be enrolled in a 1st Degree Undergraduate program at Landmark or Covenant University.
7. Selection Process & Criteria for David Oyedepo Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship selection process is strictly needed dependent and open merit-based.
Your application will be competing with tons of other applicants across Africa (not just Nigeria).
All applicants should endeavor to apply for the scholarship before the deadline, to avoid disqualification.
Please note that after the Deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed and scrutinized by the scholarship panel. Consequently following the review, the chosen finalist will undergo an online video interview via a conferencing platform.
Luckily if you advance to the final round, you would be prompted to provide the following documents.
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University.
- Proof of Citizenship in Nigeria or any other African Nation.
- Copies of Original Documents uploaded during the online application.
PS: The selection panels will utilize the following criteria stated below to evaluate your application.
- Displayed financial Need
- Outstanding Character & Personality.
- A valid record of superior scholastic ability.
- Proven records of Leadership and Community Involvement.
- Commitment to Influence Home communities with skilled learned.
8. David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) Application Timeline
The Oyedepo Scholarship Timeline is as follows:
Scholarship Opens: 20th May 2023
Scholarship Deadline: 11:59 PM GMT + 01.00 on Saturday, June 1st, 2023.
9. How to apply for the 2023 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
I will share some tips to help you apply for the 2023 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship.
Apply via the “Apply Button” provided at the end of this post, below the conclusion.
Please kindly read the step-by-step methods below in other not to make errors in your application. This will lead to automatic disqualification.
Read also: How to apply for David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) Scholarship: 11 Easy steps (coming soon).
(The link above leads to a blog post that covers the step-by-step ways to apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship from scratch to finish with pictures).
But for now,
Let’s dive in.
DOF Mode of Application
- Since the David Oyedepo foundation offers an Internet-based application, you will need a fully functional computer (laptop) and a standard Internet connection to apply (Don’t forget to use a scanner to get scanned documents that will be uploaded).
- You don’t have to finish your scholarship application at a stretch, you can always save your work and return to complete it as many times as necessary (note that your application must not be kept void for more than 30 days or your account would be deleted).
- Endeavor to submit your application before the deadline (although submitting it by the deadline is also acceptable but be careful not to submit it after the deadline).
- The English Section in the application must be filled and answered, plus all documents uploaded must be in the English Language.
- Your answers (responses) in the scholarship application especially the Essays must be your original work.
- Only applicants who complete the scholarship application will be considered. (Any form of submission via email or through other means will not be considered).
DOF Online Application Sections
When filling out your application for the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship, you will notice the online application has 5 Sections.
These 5 Online Application Sections are:
- General Information Section (Contact)
- Education Section
- Recommendation Section
- Essay Section
- English Language analysis Section
I break down what needs to be done on each online application section.
Let’s dive in.
The General Information section (Contact)
Here’s what to do in the General Information section:
- You are to provide general information (in specified formats) about yourself within the application form.
- You will be required to upload documents that stand to verify your age and country of citizenship when selected at the interview stage.
- Whatever information filled in the Parents/Guardian section should be that of your biological parents or legal guardian.
- Enter in a valid contact detail as this would be used to reach you during the application and selection phase (please provide an accurate address, phone number, and email address).
The Education Section
Here’s what to do in the Education section:
- Enter in your Primary School Name, Certificate Obtained, and the year of graduation (if you attended multiple schools, click on “Add New” to fill them in)
- Enter your Secondary or High School Name, certificate obtained, and the year of graduation (if you attended multiple schools, click on “Add New” to fill them in).
- Enter in your Post-Secondary Institution Name, Duration, and the year of graduation (if you attended multiple Institutions, Click on “Add New” to fill them in).
- Enter your proposed University of Study and proposed course of study (in this case only Landmark or Covenant University are valid). Also, the Foundation scholarship is course-specific, endeavor to choose from the available options.
- For the Exam Result Section, provide the name of the nationally recognized O’Level exams taken especially the date of the exam (this applies to different countries also).
The Recommendation Section
Here’s what to do in the recommendation section:
- Enter the personal information and contact detail of your favorite academic referee (kindly note that a letter of recommendation would request from this individual in the “Upload credentials” section of the application).
- Enter the personal information and contact detail of your religious referee (kindly note that a letter of recommendation would request from this individual in the “Upload credentials” section of the application).
- Take note that your guardian or parents can’t be listed as Referees.
The Essay Section
Here’s what to do in the Essay section:
- The essay section consists of 5 questions that must fill each with a limited word count of 500 words and must not be exceeded under no circumstance (Your response gives the selection team a better view of you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the Scholarship program).
English Language Evaluation Section
- Your proficiency in the English language is highly important for participation in the scholarship activities and communication would be done in English without any form of translation.
- Gauge your English proficiency and place the number accurately (Don’t lie about this).
10. Deadline for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
The Deadline for the David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) Scholarship program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on the 1st of July, 2023.
Apply Now: David Oyedepo Scholarship
Remember that the DOF Scholarship is one of the highest-paid scholarships in Nigeria for Undergraduate students.
Thus, it would be highly competitive.
You need to strive as much as possible to stand out in your application amongst thousands of other applications in Africa.
Don’t forget to apply early, upload the correct documents and avoid grammatical errors.
Also, make sure that your contact details are accurate (this would be used to reach you anytime and anywhere).
With Accuracy in your application and luck, you will be able to fully secure this scholarship in 2023.
Good luck with your Scholarship application.
please what happen to dof scholarship account for 2022/2023? because i am trying to login but refusing
Hello bro, The DOF Scholarship is officially closed as at 31st of July, although this shouldn’t affect your login status.
Try logging again, using another browser or maybe in ignito mode.
If that doesn’t work, then it’s a server issue (DOF website is probably having an issue)