MasterCard Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships for Africans
Mastercard KNUST Scholarship: The application is open for exceptional students who have the interest to pursue their university degree program at a reputable university fully sponsored by Mastercard Foundation.
MasterCard KNUST Undergraduate Scholarships give academically gifted but economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa access to high-quality, relevant university education.
The Mastercard Foundation envisions a world in which everyone has the chance to learn and prosper. Everyone, regardless of their starting point in life, should have an equal opportunity to succeed.
We believe that people can have that opportunity if they have access to education, financial services, and skill training.
Our primary goal is to assist economically disadvantaged young people in Africa in finding opportunities to lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty and into a better life.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Host Institution: KNUST Ghana
Award Value: Full Sponsorship | Travel Allowance | Accommodation Allowance | Stipends
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 31 July 2023
Full Scholarship Benefits
Below are the benefits of the scholarship award:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
The following are the requirements to be considered for the Mastercard KNUST Scholarship:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her community.
6. The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
How to Apply
Download a copy of the 2023/2024 application form here
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
- No 1 Africa Hall Impact Building
AK 315 4897
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
The award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
Visit the Mastercard Official Website for More Information