Germany Scholarship: Yet again is another opportunity for young and passionate individuals who have the interest to pursue their academic careers abroad. Application is open for the 2023 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship Programme in Public Policy and Good Governance for Developing Countries.
This program is intended to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration following the principles of good governance, as well as to prepare them for their professional lives through a praxis-oriented course.
The DAAD Scholarship is one of the exceptional scholarships that target developing countries to provide the citizens with the opportunity to study in Germany. Kindly read all instructions provided here carefully.
About The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
Future leaders in politics, law, commerce, and administration study for further academic qualifications as part of the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme. They prepare for their future professional careers by focusing on practice and adhering to the principles of good governance.
The program provides highly qualified graduates with the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in subjects that are critical to the social, political, and economic development of their home countries. Young professionals and managers from developing and emerging nations can receive assistance.
Table of Content
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
Academic Level: Masters
To Study in Germany
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Award Value: Fully Funded
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits/Value
Below are the benefits to be achieved from this scholarship programme:
- Scholarships (of currently € 861 per month) for master´s degree courses at German higher education institutions.
- Academic education in the courses of study selected by the DAAD that are listed below will take place from September/October 2023. The courses of study have an international focus and are offered in German and/or English.
- Health insurance covered in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the developing countries in question and Germany
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
Institutions and Programmes Participating
Here are Institutions and courses that have will be participating:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg – Social Protection
- University of Duisburg-Essen – Master Development and Governance
- Hochschule Osnabrück – Management in Nonprofit-Organisation
- University of Magdeburg – Peace and Conflict Studies
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt – Public Policy
- University of Passau – Development Studies
- The University of Passau – Master of Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam – Master of Public Management (MPM)
Eligibility Requirement for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship Programme
Below are the eligibility requirements for the DAAD Scholarship:
- The Participants Should have a First University Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and Southeast Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine.
- The most Recent University Degree should be obtained in the Last Six Years.
- The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is open to Graduates in the field of Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Law, Economics, and Public Administration.
- Should be from a Developing Country
- Applications Must be Submitted in German or English.
- All Masters’s courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by Applicant.
This is the information on selection provided by DAAD without any compromise:
The selection will be made by a selection committee in October/November 2022. The committee comprises professors from the participating master’s courses and representatives of the DAAD.
Next step: The candidates that were proposed for a scholarship are contacted by the DAAD and asked to upload their full documents to the DAAD portal. Please do not upload any application documents unless you are nominated by the DAAD.
Important: Please make sure that you have a full set of copies of your application documents in PDF format. Please only submit original documents, if you are explicitly asked to do so by the master’s course.
The selection process is finalized. All applicants are informed in writing after the end of the selection process. This will probably be the case in mid to late December 2022.
Below are the required documents for the scholarship application:
• Checklist form, signed with the place and date indication
• DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
A single letter of motivation, if you are applying for two master’s courses for both of them including a precise account of your academic, professional, and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the program, as well as a detailed explanation of your choice of master’s courses and prioritization, no more than two pages long
• A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the Europass template) including exact information about your studies, and practical experience
• Copies of your higher education degree certificates. Please provide a certified translation if the original is not in German or English, and make sure these are legible.
• Copy your full set of transcripts of records. Please explain the grading system if this is not part of the transcript.
• Written confirmation for any work experience, internship, or professional experience. This must be printed on headed paper, include a signature, the date of issue and a stamp; and/or proof of any political activities or service to your community, such as volunteering or working for charities or NGOs, if possible on headed paper, signed, dated and stamped.
• Recent language certificates (for English and/or German)
• Currently written reference from your current employer or a university lecturer if you are a student at present, on headed paper, signed, dated, and stamped
How to Apply
Kindly visit DAAD Scholarship Application Portal Here to Begin Your Application.
You can access full details of their scholarship announcement here. If confused by any means, message the email contact of the contact persons provided by your desired choice of institutions.
We will keep updating this page for a proper guide on the application process. Kindly join our WhatsApp group provided above to stay in touch.