Application for the 2023/2024 Government of Germany DAAD Scholarship is currently ongoing. This is a fully-funded scholarship to study in Germany. Interested persons are to carefully read the application guidelines in this content to aid them to make a successful application.
Intake for this scholarship award is every two years, as such the next intake is in 2024. That is why the current ongoing application is tagged 2023/2024.
About The Government of Germany DAAD Scholarship
The DAAD Government of Germany Scholarship is one of the largest scholarship awards in the world. This Scholarship is aimed at sponsoring individuals who grave for academic excellence and pursuit in Germany.
This scholarship award is to provide a complete academic sponsorship for Masters and Ph.D. programs in the top German Universities. All financial costs will be taken care of by the Germany Government. This is one of the highly paid scholarships to study abroad.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): DAAD Germany Government
Academic Type: Masters/MPhil, MBA, LLM, PhD
Award Value: Fully Funded
Duration: 12 Months, 24 Months, 36 Months
Application Deadline: Every university has its deadline. The deadline for various universities will be provided below this content.
Full Benefits of The 2023/2024 DAAD Germany Government Scholarship
This scholarship as said earlier is one of the largest and biggest scholarship opportunities in the world. It comes with whole lots of benefits which are stated below:
- Full Tuition Fee Covered.
- Depending on an academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Round Airfare Travel Allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarship Award
- Candidates From all Developing Countries are eligible to apply. Here is a list of developing countries.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience.
Fields of Study
Below are accredited and available list of fields for Masters’ and Ph.D. degree programs for the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarship award.
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Development Cooperation
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Medicine/Public Health
- Media Studies
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
Below are the documents requirements for this scholarship application as demanded by the sponsors:
- Application form. This can be found under the “How to Apply section” below.
- A hand-signed CV (please use the Europass specimen form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- A hand-signed letter of motivation (regarding current occupation), a maximum of 2 pages
- Academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp and must be of recent date)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp and must be of recent date)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and – if possible – a guarantee of reemployment.
- Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary).
Kindly take your time to make provision for all the required documents. Take this scholarship very seriously.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are to apply Online & fill out the Application form alongside uploading the Documents.
- Visit the scholarship application portal here and follow the step-by-step instructions to apply.
Application Deadline: Here is a list of all Universities and their application deadlines.
Best of Luck!