King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Scholarship
KAUST Scholarship: The application is currently open for the 2024 spring entry and fall entry admissions for the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Applicants who secure admission are automatically considered for the KAUST fellowship which is the fully funded scholarship to study in KAUST.
Table of Contents
- About the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Benefits of the KAUST Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirement of Scholarship
- Required Documents
- Admission Selection Process
- How to Apply for KAUST
About the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a well-known research university in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 2009 and is noted for its dedication to cutting-edge scientific research and innovation across multiple fields. KAUST has a diverse and multinational student and faculty body, and its cutting-edge campus allows for advanced research and development in subjects like as engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, biological sciences, energy, materials science, and environmental sustainability. The institution offers research and graduate training programs in English, which is the university’s official language of teaching. KAUST is Saudi Arabia’s first mixed-gender university campus.
Brief Scholarship Details
Host Country: Saudi Arabia
Academic Level: Masters, Ph.D., Research
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Country: All Countries
Application Deadline: 1 October 2023
Full Benefits of the KAUST Scholarship
Every admitted student earns the KAUST Fellowship, which grants them:
- Full Free Tuition Support
- Monthly Living Allowance (From $20,000 to $30,000 annually, depending on qualifications and degree progress)
- On-Campus Housing
- Medical and dental coverage
- Relocation Support
At KAUST, every admitted student receives the KAUST Fellowship. Enroll in our renowned graduate programs tuition-free. Live on the shores of the Red Sea, conducting groundbreaking research in our state-of-the-art research centers.
The admission into KAUST is of two categories, the Master’s degree program, the Ph.D. Program, and the M.S/Ph.D. Program.
Admission to the Master of Science (M.S.) program requires the satisfactory completion of an undergraduate science degree in a relevant or related area, such as Engineering, Mathematics, or the Physical, Chemical, and Biological Sciences.
Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) program requires applicants to satisfy the following entry requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering-related topic from a higher education institution recognized by KAUST
- English Language Requirements: All applicants are required to have a minimum of IELTS 6.5, or TOEFL 79
Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program requires the satisfactory completion of an undergraduate or master’s degree in science in a relevant or related area, such as Engineering, Mathematics, or the Physical, Chemical, and Biological Sciences.
The M.S./Ph.D. program is an attractive option for students looking for fast entry into the world of research. Students can apply for the Ph.D. program after completing a bachelor’s degree. They will be engaged in exciting research from the beginning of their program which typically takes four to five years to complete. Students may complete a M.S. degree while working toward their Ph.D.
NOTE: During the application, ensure you don’t select the PG Dip program if you are not a citizen of Saudi Arabia. All other nationals are to apply to either or Masters, Ph.D., or M.S/Ph.D. program. Applicants who are applying for the M.S/Ph.D program are to write to a professor in KAUST showing research interest.
Required Documents for the KAUST Scholarship
Graduate admissions requirements include:
- Official university transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Academic score
- Official GRE scores (GRE submission is encouraged and will enhance an application, but it is not compulsory)
Admission Selection Process
- Admission Review: Your Application must be complete for it to be reviewed by the Admissions Office. If your file is missing documents, you will be asked to submit them before it can be reviewed.
- Faculty Review Committee: If your application passes the Admissions review, it will be evaluated by the faculty review committee of each program.
- Academic Interview: If selected, you will be invited for an academic interview with KAUST Faculty.
- KAUST Interview: This is a personal interview, either via Skype video chat and/or in person.
How to Apply for the KAUST Scholarship
Interested and suitably qualified graduates are to apply via the KAUST scholarship application page which can be accessed through the Apply Button below.
- Click the Apply Button below
- On the application page, fill out the form accurately
- Create an account. Choose the login username and password of your choice
- Submit and log in to continue your application.
Visit the KAUST Official Website for More Information