University of Cambridge Masters Scholarship
University of Cambridge: The application is open for the 2024 University of Cambridge Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Young Africans. The program at the University of Cambridge is intended to give fully supported opportunities for bright African students to complete their master’s degrees, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and the globe at large.
Except for the following business courses, the program offers scholarships throughout the entire range of disciplines in Cambridge: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Corporate Law (MCL), and Master of Finance (MFin).
Table of Contents
- About the University of Cambridge
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Benefits of the University of Cambridge Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Procedure
- Application Fees Waiver
About the University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge, founded in 1209, is one of the most prominent and historic universities in the world, based in Cambridge, England. Cambridge, known for its demanding academic standards and rich intellectual legacy, has produced a number of Nobel laureates, prominent thinkers, and outstanding alumni in a variety of fields. It is a center of academic excellence because of its famous colleges, cutting-edge research, and global collaborations. Cambridge continues to influence the future through innovation, leadership, and a dedication to knowledge advancement.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Type: Master’s Scholarship
Study Country: UK
Eligible Fields: All fields except above listed fields/courses
Award Value: Tuition Fees Sponsorship | Travel Allowance | Monthly Stipends and More
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 5 December 2023
Full Benefits of the University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship
Below are the benefits of the University of Cambridge Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for beneficiaries:
- This is a full-cost award available to Master’s students, covering tuition fees, maintenance, and expenses (e.g. travel, visa costs, and the immigration health surcharge). An allowance for dependant children joining a student in Cambridge is available.
- In addition to full funding (fees and maintenance), the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge will provide scholars with support for travel to and from the UK (including visas, if needed). In addition, Scholars will benefit from a cohort-wide induction programme, likely to require early arrival in Cambridge before the start of the course.
Eligibility Requirement of the University of Cambridge Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you Must be a citizen of an African country,
⦁ Must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return, or unless you have been displaced.
⦁Must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length, at the University of Cambridge.
The application for funding is embedded in the course application process.
As part of the application process, prospective scholars will be required to provide a supplementary statement that indicates their personal commitment to contributing to climate-resilient and sustainable futures for Africa. This means that there is no separate portal to apply for funding. Funding application is done inside the process of admission application to any of the three courses; MCL, MFin, and MBA.
- Applications open: 1 September 2023
- Application and Funding deadline: Depending on your course – either early December 2023 or early January 2023
- Departmental academic assessment: December 2023 – February 2024
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars selection: Late February 2024
- Scholarships offered: March 2024
Interested and qualified? Go to the Mastercard Foundation application portal to apply
The Application process commences with an application for admission to the University of Cambridge via the course directory, to be completed by the funding deadline of the course.
Select the Master’s course of your choice on the course directory here and follow the instructions provided on the site to apply.
Application Fees Waiver
Master’s applications require a £50 application fee. However, the fee will be automatically waived for applicants of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars programme. Please note you must submit the scholarship statement to benefit from the automatic waiver. Students who do not get an automatic waiver and are certain they meet all conditions of the Scholars programme are invited to contact the team at [email protected].
Visit the Mastercard Foundation Official Website for More Information