United States Scholarship to Study at the University of Maine
University of Maine Scholarship: The application is open for the 2023 USA scholarship for international students. This is the University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships For Undergraduate Students. The University of Maine awards a limited number of International Presidential Scholarships worth thousands of dollars per academic year in appreciation of outstanding academic accomplishment.
Table of Contents
About the University of Maine
Through excellence and innovation in undergraduate and graduate academic programs, the University of Maine fosters learning and discovery while addressing the complex challenges and possibilities of the twenty-first century through research-based knowledge. A key component of our goal is to provide equal access to all members of the University of Maine community. The institution welcomes students, research partners, and collaborators into an environment that respects our state’s and nation’s legacy and diversity.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): University of Maine Presidential Scholarship
Award Value: $15,000
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: 1 November 2023
Full Benefits of the University of Maine Scholarship
Awards are typically made along with an offer of admission to the University of Maine.
maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 6 semesters (3 academic years) for a transfer student.
Eligibility Requirements for the presidential Scholarship
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award.
- Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for this award.
Note: The award is not renewed each year automatically. Students must maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 for the scholarship to be renewed. Additionally, the award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 4 semesters (2 academic years) for a transfer student. Recipients of the award must also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The University of Maine International Presidential Scholarship is awarded to top-tier international applications each year.
- Female applicants and applicants from countries underrepresented in the University of Maine international student population are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete one of our applications – the Common Application OR the ApplyMaine Application.
- Submit transcripts of all previous secondary/high school or university work (submission requirements by country). In addition, if the document is not in English, submit a certified English translation.
- We can accept copies of transcripts and test scores submitted by the student to [email protected]. Once admitted, the student will be required to submit official documents to our office before class registration is possible.
- Submit your English language proficiency test score. See our accepted tests and minimum requirements, as well as our test waiver policy lower on this page.
- Pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee here.
- Submit a Declaration of Finances along with supporting documents via e-mail to [email protected].
- If submitted with the application, this form expedites the issuing of the I-20 (immigration document).
- Submit a copy of passport ID page via e-mail to [email protected].
International Presidential Scholarships: Applicants are considered for this scholarship when their application for admission is reviewed. No additional application is required. Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award.
Visit the University of Maine Official Website for More Information