The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Program
YALI Program: The application is open for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program. The YALI RLC West Africa is looking for young men and women who are eager to take up leadership roles and work hard to help their countries improve.
Table of Contents
- About the YALI Program
- Brief Program Details
- Full Benefits of the YALI Leadership Program
- Selection Modality
- Application Procedure
About the YALI Program
The United States government developed the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) as a hallmark endeavor to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The facts support the need to invest in developing strong, results-oriented leaders: about one-third of Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and roughly 60% of Africa’s entire population is under the age of 35.
Over the course of 17 weeks, the Emerging Leaders Program will train emerging African leaders about modern leadership. The program will be divided into four phases: a 5-week coursework phase offered in-person or online, a mentorship program, an internship or community service time, and a report writing period.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): YALI Regional Leadership Center
Type: Fellowship | Training
Qualification: All levels of education
Benefits: Full Sponsorship | Mentorship | Networking
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: Open
Full Benefits of the YALI Program
- At the end of the program, participants will be awarded a certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni.
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
Eligibility Requirements of the YALI Leadership Program
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission?
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening, and speaking English.
Selection Modality for the YALI Leadership Program
Selection for participation in Cohort 46 (Onsite) of the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa, Accra will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel and shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the Apply Button below.
Visit the YALI Official Website for Information