United People Global (UPG) for Young Leaders
UPG Program: The application is open for the 2024 United People Global (UPG) Sustainability Leadership Program for Young Leaders. We are assembling a varied This is a USA travel program that grants beneficiaries the opportunity to travel to the United States. community of people who wish to take constructive action to assist the globe in addressing environmental issues. So, please show us who you are because we are NOT looking for the “same” people. Because this opportunity is free to chosen individuals, we are looking for the most motivated applicants.
Table of Contents
About the UPG Program
UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilizes individuals and organizations to encourage effective citizen sustainability leadership. This movement is led by UPG Sustainability Leaders, and UPG trains 500+ UPG Sustainability Leaders from all world regions each year to join the existing family of outstanding leaders who are taking action within their communities to demonstrate citizens’ power to create a more sustainable world. They have directly trained over 25,000 folks worldwide (and counting) as part of their initiatives.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): United People Global (UPG)
Host Country: United States
Benefits: Full sponsorship | Travels to US | Accommodation
Eligible Countries: World Wide
Application Deadline: 31 December 2023
Full Training Benefits
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1-week immersive excursion will have the costs of the program covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, and international flights (a round trip flight from the participant’s hometown to the US).
Eligibility Requirements for the UPG Leadership Program
To be considered for the program, you must:
- For people who are passionate about a specific area (e.g. jobs education or oceans), there is no need to be passionate in all areas.
- People who have already taken action related to sustainability AND people who have NEVER taken action.
- People from all world regions.
- People aged 18 to 35 between 1 March and 31 July 2024.
- People of different levels of education.
- People who have a strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders.
- People who are willing and able to take action on sustainability.
- People who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
Evaluation and Selection Modality
The evaluation is done by reviewing the following four sections of your application:
A. Profile – who are you? This helps us to strive for diversity.
B. Motivation – why do you want to be a UPG Sustainability Leader?
C. Capability – how capable are you to do what you want to do?
D. Potential for Impact – what is the potential of your early ideas?
NOTE: As part of this application, it is strongly recommended that you submit a short video (maximum 2 minutes) to answer any of the questions from any section above or to tell us more about yourself. Among other things, the video helps us evaluate your English language skills
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the application page via the Apply Button below to apply.
On the application page, scroll down, select the Yes option, and click on Continue as shown below.
Visit the UPG Official Website for More Information