University of Toronto 2024 Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
Study in Canada: The University of Toronto Scholarship application to study in Canada is ongoing. The current Canadian scholarship is the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship for exceptional international students who desire to pursue their undergraduate program at the University of Toronto, Canada. Suitable and qualified candidates are invited to apply.
About the University of Toronto
The University of Toronto, one of the world’s most prestigious institutions, was founded in 1827 as a public university. Around 80% of its students pursue undergraduate degrees. The school has three campuses in and around Toronto: St. George, Mississauga, and Scarborough. The University of Toronto has evolved into Canada’s foremost learning, discovery, and knowledge-creation institution.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Lester B. Pearson
Study Country: Canada
Type of Program: University
Award Value: Full Tuition Fees Funding | Allowances
Eligible Qualification: Secondary school graduates
Eligible Country: International students (non-Canadians)
Application Deadline: 15 January 2024
Full Benefits of the University of Toronto Scholarship
- The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Timeline
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to apply the OUAC; although you can apply up to December 15, 2023, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC as soon as possible. The recommended date to apply for admission is before November 7, 2023, as spaces in programs fill up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
Eligibility Requirement of the University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- An international student (i.e., a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
Procedure to Apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
The 2024 Competition opens in September 2023. To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to apply to participate in our program, available here in September. (external link) High schools who have participated in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of the program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of the program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application when you are successfully nominated by your school.
Visit the University of Toronto Official Website for More Information