World Bank Group (WBG) Recruitment: Here is a job opportunity for African Graduates at the World Bank Group. The application is currently open for the Investment Officer (Associate) Recruitment for Africans at World Bank. Read full details and instructions on how to apply for the World Bank Job below.
About the World Bank Group Job Recruitment
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in over 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to help developing countries create markets and opportunities.
IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries in the fiscal year 2022, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the effects of global compounding crises.
FIG is looking for an Associate Investment Officer to join the Investment Team, which is in charge of originating, managing, and monitoring IFC’s financial sector investments in Africa. The Associate Investment Officer will either report to the FIG Regional Industry Manager for West and Central Africa (WCA) or to the Portfolio Manager for West, Central, and Southern Africa.
Brief Job Details
Employer: World Bank
Academic Qualification: Masters/Postgraduate
Job Category/Field: Investment/Finance/Accounting/Business
Term Duration: 3 Years ) Months
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 28 September 2022
Full Benefits of WBG Investment Officer (Associate) Job
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life, and disability insurance, paid leave, parental leave, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Eligibility Requirement for the World Bank Group Job
Below are the requirements for the WBG Investment Officer (Associate) job position:
- Master’s Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment-related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring, and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Experience in emerging FinTech platforms and technologies such as digital banking, mobile payments, digital lending, InsurTech, etc. a plus.
- Strong interest in innovative, disruptive solutions for the financial services industry.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem-solving/negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide key support in the identification, appraisal, structuring, and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities, and risk/reward factors (e.g., business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Handle disbursements, waivers, and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/execute the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision, and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs, and project profiles.
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
- Support business development teams in engaging with and delivering projects focusing on FinTech topics such as payments, lending, wealth management, InsurTech, and others.
- Actively keep abreast of regional and industry developments and incorporates trends into the processing or supervision of projects.
- A keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the Apply Button below to access the job application page.
Kindly read the instructions carefully and fill out the application form appropriately.
Visit the WBG Official Website for More Information