United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Graduate Programme
UNDP Young Graduates Programme: Applications for the UNDP Graduate Programme for Recent Graduates are now being accepted. Suitable and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply 2023 Fully Funded United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for Young Graduates.
This is an opportunity for postgraduates. It comes with whole lots of opportunities.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for candidates to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool as it launches the second cohort of its 2-year Graduate Programme.
The program is designed to provide outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience needed to launch a career in international development, accelerate progress toward the SDGs, build better futures, and make a positive difference in the world!
Brief Program Details
Type: Graduate Internships
Program Duration: 2 years
Basic Qualification: Master’s Student
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Travel Allowance, and lots more
Eligible Countries: UNDP Support countries are listed below
Application Deadline: 12 October 2022
Benefits of UNDP Graduate Programme for Young Graduates
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment with one of our country, regional, or headquarters offices. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on two streams:
- Program and Policy: In this stream, you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities.
- Corporate Operations: In this stream, you will contribute to management services that support the effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organizational policies, processes, and oversight.
Successful applicants will be included in the Graduate Programme Pool and offered an assignment with a UNDP office in any of our 170 locations around the world.
- A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance and on availability of funding).
- A competitive entry-level salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and your duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Pension contributions.
Who Can Apply?
The program is open to candidates who are available to join UNDP in the first quarter of 2023 and meet the following requirements:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 2 years of work experience) or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years and not more than 3 years of relevant, paid work experience)
We encourage applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses:
- To be eligible for the Programme and Policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science, or a related field.
- To be eligible for the Corporate Operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, human resources management, economics, data management, or a related field.
- We are looking for engaged young individuals whose values match those of UNDP:
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation (through Principled Performance)
- You will have some experience in one or more of the following areas: UNDP programme areas (poverty and inequality, governance, resilience, environment, energy, gender equality), business operations, project management, partnerships, innovation, digitalization, or data analysis and management.
- You will preferably have worked to make an impact at the community, provincial or national level (including in civil society, government, NGOs, IGOs, or individually).
- The applicant must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply: Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Libya, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rep. of Montenegro, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
Competencies and skills
When joining UNDP, you are:
- Lending your time and skills toward building a more prosperous, fair, and inclusive world for people in need around the world.
- Choosing a community of collaboration and mutual care, of people working together with a shared sense of purpose.
- Joining a mission that demands and encourages innovative thinking and provides space for creative input.
- Joining a community that aims to elevate and empower every employee to grow not only professionally but also personally.
For these reasons, you must demonstrate a drive to effect positive change, strong innovative thinking, learning agility, resilience, and the ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
You will be assessed on the following competencies and skills during the selection process.
- Analytical skills and judgment
- Communicate with clarity and impact
- Adapt with agility
- Enable diversity and inclusion
- Achieve results
- Engage and partner teamwork and collaboration
- Think innovatively
- Act with determination
How to Apply
All interested applicants who meet up with the eligibility requirements stated above should click on the Apply Button to begin their application.
Visit the UNDP Official Website for More Information