Application is open for the 2022 Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs. This initiative is set up to support Nigerian youth entrepreneurs with the resources needed for them to strive in their various startups.
Over the course of an intensive fellowship year, the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) aspires to transform a chosen group of young Nigerians into ethical and effective leaders by linking them with mentorship, networking, training, and funding possibilities.
CYFI hereby welcomes applications from fellows who are dedicated to putting Walter Carrington’s beliefs into action. The CYFI Board of Directors will choose fellows who exhibit the remarkable passion, competence, experience, strategic thinking, and vision required to develop their own unique and impactful ideas.
What You Should Know About CYFI
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, or CYFI, is a vibrant youth-based initiative started by the United States Consulate General in Lagos in 2011. CYFI brings together young Nigerians with remarkable vision, talents, and experience to plan and implement projects that benefit Nigerian society.
The CYFI fellowship is based on year-long social innovation projects proposed by fellows and funded by the US Consulate and corporate partners. Fellows who complete their projects successfully remain associated with CYFI and the US Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program. Walter Carrington, a former US Ambassador to Nigeria, advocated for civil freedoms, democracy, and stronger ties between the US and Nigeria.
Brief Program Description
Program Type: Fellowship (Development, Training, and Empowerment)
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Interview Location: US Consulate, Lagos, Nigeria
Application Deadline: 19 June 2022.
Quickly Click Here to Join MyscholarshipNG Official Group For Latest Updates on opportunities.
- Access to US Government Resources
- The beneficiaries of this fellowship program stand to gain a whole lot of opportunities which include:
- Join the robust U.S. Consulate General network in Nigeria.
- Get mentored by experienced Nigerians and Americans successful business and entrepreneurial strategists.
- Participate in a year-long professional development program
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills, and ideas.
Eligibility Requirements for CYFI Program
- The following criteria must be met to be considered for the Carrington Fellowship Initiative Programme:
- Applicants must be Nigerians who live in Lagos
- Applicants must not be beneficiaries of the Callington Fellowship program before now
- All candidates must be strategic thinkers.
- Interested candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 35 on or before 19 June 2022.
- All applicants must be available to participate in the one-year-long program in Lagos, Nigeria
Also Apply: 2022 Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Recruitment
Criteria For Selection
The following criteria provided by CYFI will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):