The application is currently open for a fully funded Australia scholarship. Oh yes, it is a scholarship to study in Australia. This is the 2022/2023 Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship for International Students at the University of Canberra.
Three scholarships will be awarded to overseas students who plan to start at UC in semester one of 2023 and reflect the University of Canberra’s fundamental principles as well as a dedication to social involvement, sustainability, and decreasing inequities.
About The University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a public research university based in Bruce, Canberra, in the Australian Capital Territory. The campus is a short walk from Westfield Belconnen and 8.7 kilometers (5.4 miles) from Canberra’s Civic Centre.
Undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available at UC in five faculties: Health, Art and Design, Business, Government and Law, Education, and Science and Technology.
The University of Canberra is a diversified and interesting learning institution that offers courses at its Bruce campus in Canberra as well as through partners in Sydney, Melbourne, and Queensland, as well as overseas.
Undergraduate courses, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Masters by Coursework, Masters by Research, professional doctorates, and research doctorates are among the offerings. Our Courses and Units Database allows you to search for and find our courses and units.
Brief Scholarship Summary
Sponsor(s): University of Canberra
Academic Level: Undergraduate and Masters
To Study In Australia
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: 9 October 2022
Full Benefits of the University of Canberra Scholarship
Successfully selected candidates for this scholarship will gain up to $50,000 per year. This funding will cover the following:
- all of your tuition fees for the course duration
- on-campus accommodation
- AUD 10,000 yearly financial allowance
- other miscellaneous expenses in the first year
Eligibility Requirement for the University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship
Below is the eligibility requirement for this scholarship as provided by the sponsor(s):
- are located offshore at the time of application.
- have applied for but not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Canberra.
- have satisfied the program academic requirement with a minimum of 80% average (or equivalent).
- hold any form of offer letter (including conditional or provisional offer) issued by the University of Canberra.
- are applying to study on an Australian student visa (subclass 500).
- are a new commencing student.
- the primary visa applicant. Dependants will not be eligible for the scholarship, or able to accompany the primary visa applicant.
The following categories of students are strongly encouraged to apply.
These include students who:
- live in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa, and South Asia.
- do not otherwise have the resources to finance international study.
- do not have access to other significant scholarships (example: Australia Awards).
Applicants must submit a written statement demonstrating the following:
- Financial need
- Demonstrated values and experience in the following areas:
- Potential to evolve as a leader in ways that embrace and advance the principles of social and economic equity, and their practice.
- Making a positive difference in the community by doing things differently, innovating, and inspiring others.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn from, collaborate and engage with perspectives from a range of cultural contexts.
- 1 April 2022 – Applications open
- 9 October 2022 – Applications close
- November 2022 – Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
- December 2022 – Final scholarship outcomes will be announced
How to Apply for the University of Canberra Scholarship
To apply, it is mandatory to complete the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship online application form. Kindly click on the “Apply Button” below to begin your application.