The University of Queensland Scholarship Award
University of Queensland: The application is open for the 2023 University of Queensland Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship to study in Australia. The UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is an integral component of the UQ Academic Scholarship program. This prestigious scholarship was instituted in 2009 and is sustained through generous endowments from The University of Queensland and benefactors.
This scholarship is exclusively available to undergraduate students who are either Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand Citizens, or international students that have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): University of Queensland
Institution of Study: University of Queensland
Country of Study: Australia
Type of Programme: Undergraduate
Award Value: Up to $12,000
Eligible Country: See eligibility below
Application Open: 7 August 2023
Application Deadline: 4 December 2023
Quickly Join Our Official WhatsApp Group Now for Frequent Updates
Full Scholarship Benefits
The University of Queensland will grant a sum of $12,000 annually to both eligible domestic and international students.
Eligibility Requirement for Queensland University Scholarship
Below are the eligibility requirements:
An applicant is eligible if he/she has:
- achieved a minimum ATAR of 99.90 (or equivalent)
- completed Year 12 in 2023 or 2022 (if you’re in a gap year).
And either of the below:
- Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder; or
- Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, or international student who is completing or has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia.
- Have not completed any previous tertiary study other than as part of your Year 11–12 studies (e.g. Enhanced Studies Program)
- Have applied for a tertiary place through QTAC and have UQ listed as your 1st QTAC preference as of 19 December
- Are intending to enroll as a full-time student in a UQ undergraduate program in 2024. (or 2025 if deferring your tertiary place)
- outstanding academic achievements as determined by the selection panel
What happens next
We’ll email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, please email us at [email protected].
A selection panel will review eligible applications. If you are successful, we’ll notify you in writing.
How to Apply
Apply via the UQ application portal. You can save your application and come back to it at any time.
- your QTAC reference number
- a list of 3 of your most outstanding achievements from Years 11 and 12 (academic, leadership, and community service).
You only need to submit one application to be considered for all scholarships under the UQ Academic Scholarships Program.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
Visit the University of Queensland’s Official Website for More Information