Berea College Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarships
Berea College: The application is open for the 2023 Berea College Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarships for International Students to Study in USA. The Berea College scholarship is a fully sponsored tuition fee funding to aid exceptional students who wants to study in the United States.
Are you in pursuit of a complete tuition fee waiver? If so, do consider applying for the Berea College Scholarships which are open to international students. It is worth noting that Berea College stands as the sole institution in the United States that endows enrolled international students with full funding for the initial year of enrollment.
Table of Contents
- What to Know About Berea College
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Required Documents
- Application Procedure
What to Know About Berea College USA
Berea College is situated in Berea, Kentucky, USA, and is a private liberal arts college. It is known for being the first coeducational and interracial college in the Southern United States, since its establishment in 1855. One of the fundamental principles of Berea College is its unwavering commitment to providing a tuition-free education to all its students. This unique approach sets it apart from other American colleges, as its aim is to offer educational opportunities to students from low-income families who may otherwise be unable to afford higher education.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Berea College
University of Study: Berea College
Type of Program: Undergraduate
Type of Funding: 100% Tuition Fee Waiver
Eligible Countries: International Countries/All countries
Application Deadline: 30 November, 2023
Full Benefits of the Berea College Scholarship
Below is a list of benefits offered by the Berea College scholarship:
- 100% Tuition fee waiver
- Room and board
- Work-study program
- Personal laptop
- Research and internship opportunities
Eligibility Requirements of the Berea College Scholarship
Below are eligibility requirements for the Berea College scholarship:
- Applicants to Berea College must be students who have strong academic potential and financial need. Most of Berea College students score between 20 and 30 on the ACT (or SAT equivalent) and have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 in a strong college prep curriculum. Students may take either the ACT or SAT.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Berea College’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Here are the documents required for the scholarship application which must all be mailed to the Berea College office of admissions:
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Copy of official secondary school records. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
- Copy of official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
NOTE: Berea College boasts a rich legacy of embracing pupils from diverse nationalities, religious beliefs, races, and ethnicities. Your arrival at Berea is certain to be greeted with a warm reception. Rest assured, gaining admission to Berea College is a competitive process that entails meeting specific prerequisites.
Interested and eligible students are to visit the Berea College application page via the Apply Button below to submit their application.
Students who are unable to submit their application packet via postal mail as of November 1 should email [email protected] to request an alternative submission method. No requests for exceptions to the mailing requirement will be granted prior to November 1.
Visit the Berea College Official Website for More Information