DAAD 2024 Winter Scholarship Overview
DAAD Winter Scholarship: The application is open for the 2024 DAAD Winter Scholarship Courses in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates. This is an exceptional opportunity for passionate individuals who want to study in Germany. This scholarship program has been crafted to aid students, graduates, and doctoral candidates in enhancing their proficiency in the German language, encompassing general language skills along with German regional and cultural studies.
NOTE: Please be aware that a simultaneous application to this programme and to the programme ‘University Winter Courses Online for Foreign Students and Graduates’ is not permitted and will result in exclusion from both application procedures.
Table of Content
- Scholarship Overview
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Selection Modality
- Required Documents
- Application Procedure
Brief Scholarship Details
Study Country: Germany
Type of Program: Undergraduate | Postgraduate
Award Value: Fully Funded | Travel Allowance | Stipend
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: 15 August 2023
Full Scholarship Benefits and Duration
- One-time scholarship payment of 2,151 euros
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits
Please Note: The above-mentioned scholarship benefits (including the travel allowance) are not transferred abroad.
The course fees and accommodation costs are usually directly deducted from the scholarship benefits by the language course provider, so that the scholarship holder may “only” receive the difference to the full amount from the course provider.
- Up to 6 weeks
- The grants are not extendable.
- The courses start in January and end in February.
Eligibility Requirements for the DAAD Winter Scholarship
- Applications are open to students and graduates as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two academic years when the scholarship period starts.
- Students in the last year of a study programme are eligible to apply if they continue their studies in a postgraduate study programme shortly after completing their undergraduate degree. Please submit a letter of confirmation
A qualified selection committee will review all applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing letter of motivation for choice of study programme and future academic project
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- For undergraduate students: Copy of school leaving certificate with grades (with German or English translation)
- For graduate students and doctoral candidates: Copy of the last university degree certificate (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits for all university examinations (with final grades) incl. explanation of grading systems (with German or English) translation
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. proof of placements, certificates of employment)
Kindly click the Apply Button below to visit the DAAD scholarship application page. Read full instructions provided on the web page and click on the submit application tab to continue your application.
Visit the DAAD Official Website for More Information