Suitable and qualified candidates are invited for the Fully Funded 2022 Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program.
The Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Programme (DSA) 2023 is now accepting applications. Uber DSA is a 6-month paid, a full-time training program that includes three months of classroom instruction followed by three months of on-the-job training and mentorship while working on impactful real-life Uber projects.
About the Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program
This program is intended for individuals who are interested in analytics but have not had the opportunity to work on data science challenges in a world-class technology environment. Participants will receive classroom training on data science fundamentals designed and led by the University of Maryland Global Campus over the first three months.
Participants will then spend the final three months working on capstone projects with Uber’s inspiring Data Science leaders in our Mobility, Core Services, or Marketing organizations. After completing the 6-month DSA program, apprentices will be accelerated through the hiring process (skipping the preliminary rounds) and interviewed for full-time positions with data science teams.
This program’s training will take place at the Uber offices in San Francisco, California. The DSA program is a paid full-time apprenticeship that requires participants to live in the San Francisco Bay Area. The program will begin on January 11, 2023.
Brief Program Details
Academic Qualification: Graduates/Postgraduates
Benefits: Training | Salary
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: Open
Full Benefits of the Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program
In the Data Science Apprenticeship (DSA) Program you will:
- Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of probability, statistics, and data preparation.
- Sharpen your expertise with SQL, and learn the basics of Python.
- Gain expertise in data visualization and dashboarding.
- Understand how to refine ambiguous questions and generate hypotheses.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how to design experiments and interpret the results.
- Learn how to measure success through Key Performance Indicators and another user/business metrics.
- Work side-by-side with Uber data scientists making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
Requirements for Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field AND/OR 2+ years of professional experience in a data, analytics, engineering, or research field;
- Foundational knowledge of SQL;
- Basic understanding of statistics and A/B testing;
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Full-time availability from January 2023 – June 2023;
- Availability to start full-time employment in June 2023 should you be extended a full-time offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Authorization to work in the US;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Button below to begin their application.
It is advised you apply manually on the job application page.
Visit the Uber Careers Official Website for More Information