Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship
Entrepreneurship Fellowship: Currently ongoing is the application for the 2024 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship. We are pleased to invite interested and qualified candidates for this fellowship program.
To apply, kindly visit the application page via the Apply Button below after reviewing the information and instructions.
Jim Leech Mastercard Fellowship Overview
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship provides African students and recent graduates with training, resources, financial support, and a network of mentors to help them develop their entrepreneurial skills and launch their own businesses. The eight-month program cultivates leaders’ exceptional entrepreneurial skillsets and mindsets in order to drive social and financial impact.
Brief Fellowship Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Study Country: Canada
Institution: Queen’s University
Eligible Country: International
Application Deadline: 4 December 2022
Who Can Apply?
Below are categories of persons that can apply:
Secondary school graduates can apply
University/College Students can apply
University graduates can apply
Full Benefits of Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship
Financial Support and opportunities:
- Up to 60 Fellows will be selected in the final phase to receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Opportunities to pitch for prizes of up to $15,000 CAD in the pitch competition at the end of the program
- Opportunities to travel to the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre to build lasting connections that will help your further your business venture
- Business Bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Live workshops on marketing, goal setting, and recruiting are held throughout the program
- Opportunity to earn micro-credentials on Entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University for successful completion of the courses
Mentorship and networking:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America
- Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- Receive feedback at important startup milestones
Requirements for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship
- We accept students and recent graduates from all academic disciplines, and from any African post-secondary institution. Whether you are already working on a business or looking to start something new, we can help you.
- We are looking for participants who are committed to developing their entrepreneurial mindset and taking advantage of the resources provided to create their own enterprises. The program is delivered virtually and can be completed at any pace, however, the most committed participants will commit at least 10 hours per week. In order to progress through the program phases, participants will submit assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
- The program content is delivered in English. Mentorship may be offered in English and French. Assignments and pitches must be completed in English. Prospective fellows who are unable to speak or write English are still encouraged to apply and form teams with someone who can fulfill all the requirements of the program in English. Prospective fellows may also work with their local university to come up with a strategy to make sure they are able to access university resources that will help them navigate the challenge related to language ability.
How to Apply
Do you have interested to join this big entrepreneurship fellowship at Queen’s University Canada, do well to apply via the Apply Button below.
Visit Queen’s University’s Official Webpage for More Information