Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Fully Funded Scholarship
NDDC Scholarship: Applications are invited for recognized citizens of Nigeria for the 2024 NDDC Foreign/Local Post-Graduate Scholarships for Nigerians. The NDDC scholarship offers a fully funded opportunity for Nigerians to study abroad or within their home country Nigeria.
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is commencing the 2019 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme, to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
Table of Content
- About the NDDC
- Brief Program Details
- Benefits of the NDDC Scholarship
- Selection Modality
- How to Apply
About the NDDC
To provide a long-term solution to the Niger Delta Region’s socioeconomic problems and to support the Niger Delta’s quick and sustainable development into an economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative, and politically peaceful region.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Niger Delta Development Commission
Type: Postgraduate Scholarship
Minimum Class of Degree: Second Class lower
Award Value: Tuition Fees Funding | Travel Allowance | Living Allowance | Accommodation
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 8 November 2023
Full Benefit of the NDDC Scholarship
The following are the benefits of the NDDC scholarship:
Tuition Fees Funding
Air Ticket Allowance
NDDC Scholarship Eligibility
Eligible Fields of Study for the NDDC Scholarship
The NDDC Scholarship scheme is open to applicants with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized universities in the following disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software / Aeronautic Space / Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine / Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Math / Sciences
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
- Civil / Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Interested applicants must be Nigerians
- Scholars must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain a First Class Degree / Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
Below are the documents to be submitted:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
- Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgment for ease of reference
Application and Selection Modality
Below are considerations for the NDDC Scholarship:
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidates using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class / Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer-Based Tests to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics, and General Paper.
- Score a minimum of 70% on the test.
- Shortlist Successful Candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply Button” at the bottom below to begin the scholarship application.
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for an oral interview, or candidates who are not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host / Communities / Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution, and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above-stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
- For further inquiries, contact the Director, of Education, NDDC: