USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation (MCF) Scholarship for Africans
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship: Are you a recent secondary school graduate seeking a fully funded opportunity to pursue your dream career? Consider the USIU-Africa MCF Scholarship as your gateway to studying abroad.
The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will provide academically brilliant African youngsters who face socioeconomic, gender, displacement, or handicap barriers with the opportunity to attend world-class universities. Suitable and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the 2024 USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for Africans
Table of Contents
- About the USIU-Africa
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Benefits of the MCF Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirements of the USIU-Africa MCF Scholars Program
- Step-by-Step How to Apply
What You Should Know About USIU-Africa
The prominent United States International University Africa (USIU-Africa) is based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is known for its varied and global-minded student body and provides a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in subjects such as Sciences, business, social sciences, and humanities. USIU-Africa is a center for international education and research on the African continent, dedicated to academic achievement and innovation.
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard
Host Institutions: USIU-Africa
Host Country: Kenya
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: Fully Funded | Travel Allowance | Accommodation | Stipends
Eligible Country: African Countries
Application Deadline: 24 November 2023
Full Benefits and Reward for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptop and library books
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home once a year
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
Eligibility Requirements for the USIU-Africa Scholarship Application
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must;
1. Candidates must not be more than 29years old
2. Must have SSCE results that meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST)– Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)– Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA)– Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB)– Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
4. Have a proven record of leadership involvement and community give-back engagement.
5. Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
NOTE: If you do not hear from USIU-Africa by this date; Tuesday, April 30, 2024, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to give personalized feedback to all the applicants.
The scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/ displaced Youth, Persons with Disability and Young Men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
Priority shall be given to registered Refugees/Displaced youth and Persons with Disability.
Application Procedure for USIU-Africa MCF Program
- Interested applicants can download the application from the USIU-Africa website Here; Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit the complete application and other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the necessary documents are checked in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIU-Africa
Download the Guidelines for a recommendation letter here.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.