2022 Barcelona Football Academy Scholarship
Sports Scholarship: The application is open for the 2022 Barcelona Football Academy Need-Based Scholarship. This is an authentic sports scholarship, as such, eligible and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply via the Apply Button below this content.
Need-based scholarships are awarded on an annual/seasonal basis and are based on merit and financial need. Each year, a new application must be submitted, and thus no guarantees can be made. The Barcelona Foundation defines merit as athletic, academic, and behavioral.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Barcelona Foundation
Type: Need-Based Scholarship
Benefits: Enrollment to Barcelona Soccer Academy | Stipends
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: Open
Quickly Follow Our Facebook Page Here for Frequent Sports Opportunities
About the Barcelona Football Academy
Barcelona Football Academy was founded to promote grassroots football. It is used to develop young and specially drafted players into professionals. To teach students the fundamentals of the round leather game, the club hires world-class coaches, fitness experts, sports academicians, and so on.
The ages of the players range from 6 to 18. They take part in development clubs where their progress is monitored. The players are also taught the importance of good sportsmanship, the best leadership, and the best mental state for the ball. Top players are sometimes offered to those who have shown exceptional ability in the club industry, or they are sold to clubs that have expressed a strong interest in them.
Also Apply: Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship 2023
Eligibility Requirements for Barcelona Foundation Scholarship
The requirements for the scholarships are close to what is obtainable in Football Scholarships for International students. However, more concentration is placed on financial needs and academic excellence, unlike some others.
- A report on players’ grades and comments from their teachers in high school is mandatory.
- To be considered fit for this Soccer Scholarship, an applicant must pass an Athletic Test with one of the affiliated soccer academies of the Barcelona Foundation.
- Any child on Medicaid qualifies for financial need.
- Those on free or reduced school lunch would be considered the most.
- A review of Family Tax history would be needed while applying for free Soccer Scholarships
- Those currently on an existing scholarship or Football Academy trials are not welcome to apply.
- The Application is mostly for low incomes homes.
- Personal Conduct and Academic Achievement – Player must submit a copy of the latest report card denoting grades and conduct, or submit a formal letter from the school with the aforementioned information.
- Athletic Merit – Players must pass a Player Assessment from one of our partner soccer academies.
- Information on annual family income: (Include gross wages + public assistance + child support/alimony + social security + disability + other)
- Both parents’ IRS tax return, W-2s, and/or any other official documents that assist with the assessment of financial need;
- Grades issued by the School (grade C or above with no failing grades, and satisfactory attendance);
- Proof of Medicaid Eligibility (optional)
How to Apply
Scholarships will generally be awarded at the beginning of each season and will pay for part or all of a child’s Soccer Academy Training. Parents or Guardians with kids that have shown promising potential in playing the round leather game should proceed and apply.
- Fill out the online Application Form by clicking on the official application link here: for the Sponsorship /scholarship. Only Shortlisted Candidates would be contacted.
- Make sure to answer all the correct details as requested.
- Drag and drop the documents that you would like to attach to the online application form
- Then click on the send application button to complete your online Scholarships trial enrollment.
Note: Barcelona Foundation also requires a letter from the child’s school showing good conduct, a letter grade of C or above with no failing grades, and satisfactory attendance.
All information contained within the application form online shall be confidential and shall be used for the sole purpose of determining eligibility for a need-based Scholarship.
Visit the Barcelona Foundation Official Website for More Information