Fully Funded Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS)
University of Melbourne: Here is an exceptional scholarship opportunity for researchers at the University of Melbourne. The application is open for the 2023 University of Melbourne fully funded Graduate Research Scholarships. The University of Melbourne established the Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) which is bestowed upon exceptional research students, both domestic and international. Each year, the institution grants over 300 scholarships to students from all over the world. As of 2016, the Melbourne International Research Scholarship (MIRS) has become an integral part of the renowned Melbourne Research Scholarship program.
Table of Contents
- Fully Funded Melbourne Research Scholarship
- What to Know About University of Melbourne
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Benefits of Scholarship
- Eligibility Requirement of Melbourne Research Scholarship
- Required Documents
- Selection Modality
- Comprehensive Application Procedure
What to Know About the University of Melbourne
Melbourne is a place where world-class researchers choose to study and work. You’ll study alongside talented peers in an environment focused on research impact and relevance and be supervised by leading experts in your field. Our graduate schools offer graduate research programs in most major disciplines, so you can pursue your passion and develop your career.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): University of Melbourne
Study Country: Australia
Type of Program: Graduate Research
Fields: All fields
Award Value: 100% Tuition Fees waiver and up to $110,000
Eligible Country: All countries
Application Deadline: 31 October 2023
Full Benefits of Melbourne Research Scholarships
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $30,600 per year pro-rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Eligibility Requirement for the Melbourne Research Scholarship
Below are the criteria required to be considered for the Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship:
- Australian/domestic student and International student from other countries are eligible to apply
- These opportunities are open for a graduate research degree program in all study areas
- You must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
Required Documents for the Melbourne Scholarship Application
All education transcripts and certificates photocopies
Letter of Motivation
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Certificate for English Language Proficiency
Recommendation letters (at least 2)
- All domestic students who are offered admission to a Masters by Research or doctoral degree (PhD) at the University of Melbourne will receive a Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset).
- Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend as well as fee offset are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
Comprehensive Application Procedure for the Melbourne Research Scholarship
Are you interested in the graduate research scholarship at the University of Melbourne? Kindly pay attention to the instructions provided below. See full research courses at Melbourne here.
Apply for graduate research course at the University of Melbourne. If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted your course application.
- If you’re a current student at Melbourne, apply through your student account
- If you’re a new student, you can apply online. You’ll need to provide a copy of your academic results as part of your application.
- If you need help applying, you can find an overseas representative to help you with lodge an application, accept your offer and apply for a student visa (if admitted into the University). To find out about their costs and services, see Find an overseas representative.
Apply for Melbourne Research Scholarship. You are eligible for the Melbourne Research Scholarship application if you:
- have accepted a research course offer and subsequently deferred commencement in order to be re-considered for a scholarship, or
- are currently enrolled in a graduate research degree with the University of Melbourne for which they seek a graduate research scholarship.
For currently enrolled students only. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted the online form. See other scholarships offer here.
Visit the University of Melbourne Official Website for More Information Here