WAAW Scholarship: Interested and suitably qualified candidates are invited to the 2022 WAAW Foundation Scholarship opportunity for African Undergraduates. This is an exceptional scholarship opportunity for women in STEM. Kindly read the full instructions on eligibility and how to apply for this scholarship in this content.
About WAAW Foundation Scholarship
Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women (WAAW): The WAAW Foundation is pleased to announce its 2022/2023 scholarships, which will provide $500 to female African students admitted to an African university, college, or institute of higher learning. WAAW Foundation is a non-profit organization based in the United States with the mission of increasing the pipeline of African girls in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and Computer Science (CS) related fields, and working to ensure that this female talent is engaged in technology innovation for Africa’s development.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): WAAW Foundation
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: $500
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Scholarship Commencement: 7 September 2022
Application Deadline: 12 November 2022
Value and Duration of WAAW Scholarship
Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The Scholarship is a one-time fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
Eligibility Requirement for WAAW Foundation Scholarship
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need-based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
Eligible Courses for WAAW Scholarship
Below are eligible courses and non-eligible courses for the WAAW Scholarship:
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
Important Note: WAAW does not fund diploma, polytechnic, and graduate (masters, MBA, or Ph.D.) programs, students older than 32 years, or non-STEM-focused courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly read the information provided below to guide your application process. The application portal will be opened for registration on 7 September 2022. Click on the “Apply Button” below to begin registration.
Your application will include the following:
- The application form should be filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online Reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University is to be emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted courses in the FAQ link above.
Visit WAAW Official Website for More Information