Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
United States Fellowship: The application is open for the 2023 fully funded Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program to United States. Exceptional candidates who possess good leadership spirit with interest in human development are encouraged to apply. This is an international fellowship program.
Table of Contents
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Overview
The Humphrey Program facilitates the participation of young and mid-career professionals from specified nations in the United States for a duration of one year. During this time, they engage in graduate-level academic pursuits, hone their leadership skills, and collaborate with American peers in their respective fields. The program is currently welcoming applications from eligible candidates across the globe for its upcoming iteration.
This Fellowship, which does not lead to a degree, provides a plethora of opportunities for professional growth via handpicked university courses, participation in conferences, networking, and practical work experience.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is administered by a Binational Fulbright Commission in a total of 26 countries, while the operation of the Program is entrusted to the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in all other participating countries.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
Award Value: Fully sponsored fellowship | Training | Allowances
Eligible Qualification: Graduate
Eligible Countries: All countries
Application Deadline: Open
Full Fellowship Benefits
Below are full benefits offered by the Hubert H. Humphrey scholarship program:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Eligibility Requirements for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program
Below are criteria to be considered for the fellowship program:
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country. Application deadlines vary by country. Applications must contain:
- Complete answers to all questions in the online application; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the questions/topics.
- Two (2) letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer. Letters of reference have to be uploaded directly by recommenders.
- Official transcripts of grades and diplomas in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded are official, valid documents. Transcripts and diplomas for each higher education degree have to contain a list of courses taken and grades received bearing notarized translations and all official legalization stamps. Bologna diploma supplements in English are acceptable. Other transcripts of grades and diplomas, if issued in Croatian, must be translated and notarized.
NOTE: After national selection, independent review committees review nominations in the United States, and final candidate approval is determined by the J. William Fullbright Foreign Scholarship Board. After receiving approval from the Fullbright Foreign Scholarship Board, the U.S. Embassies and Binational Fullbright Commissions will inform candidates of their status.
Visit the Humphrey Fellowship Official Website for More Information