The 2022 edition of the International Mathematics Competition for University Students is here again. This is a Mathematics contest for University students all around the world.
The International Mathematics Competition for University Students is aimed at students showing their mathematical skills.
About International Mathematics Competition for University Students
The International Youth Mathematics Challenge is a global mathematics competition in which kids from around the world can demonstrate their math skills and express their creativity: “Mathematics is the language that God employed to construct the cosmos.” Galileo Indeed, mathematics is required for understanding the world, scientific discoveries, advancement, engineering, and riches in our society.
The American University in Bulgaria will host this year’s competition, which is coordinated by University College London. If conditions permit, it will be held in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, from August 1 to 7, 2022. Otherwise, it will be ONLINE, as it was last year.
Traditionally, each participating university sends a number of students as well as one or more Team Leaders. Individual students and student teams, with or without a Team Leader, from any university, are also welcome. Each Team Leader is supposed to possess an academic post at a university-level institution and to participate in the evaluation of all participants’ work.
Brief Program Description
Host: University College London
Sponsor(s): Collaboration of Huawei, Jane Street, Maple Soft, Springer, and others
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: Up to $150
Application Deadline: 17 October 2022
Below are the eligibility criteria for the International Mathematics competition:
- To participate in IYMC, the candidate have to be a high-school or university student.
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
- All candidates from all grades and countries around the world are eligible to apply
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative. You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- The best students receive the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize with a cash prize of respectively $150 USD, $100 USD, and $50 USD (in both age categories).
- Successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and encourage them to engage in math and participate in IYMC.
How To Apply
Kindly click on the apply button to begin your application.