LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme for Nigerian Students
LEAP Africa Leadership Programme: Young Nigerian students are invited to apply for the 2023 LEAP Youth Leadership Programme for Nigerian Students. Read all information and apply for this programme via the Apply Button provided at the bottom of this post.
About LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme
LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme is a 5-month leadership program for young Nigerian undergraduates aged 18 to 30 years old, with the goal of equipping and empowering them to become transformative leaders and active citizens who will drive sustainable development in their communities.
As Nigerian youths took charge of the protest to advocate for the Nigeria they want, the Youth Leadership Development Programme (YLDP) was born out of their ability to use their agency and power to effect positive change.
Brief Programme Details
Host/Sponsor(s): LEAP Africa
Benefits: Full Sponsorship | Training | Networking
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 10 February 2023
The Goals of the LEAP Africa Leaders Programme
The Youth Leadership Development Programme is intended to empower, equip, and support young change leaders who are Nigerian undergraduates under the age of 30, by providing them with the knowledge, abilities, and supportive environment required to become self-leaders who bring long-term change to their communities.
The programme will include intensive training, mentoring, and coaching that inspires action on social problems and the SDGs through the power of skills, active citizenship, leadership, and social entrepreneurship.
To be considered for the program, you must:
- A Male or Female Undergraduate in a Tertiary/Vocational Institution in Nigeria.
- Aged 18 – 30 years
- Passionate about advocacy, activism, and community development
- Interested in inclusion, diversity, and civic responsibility and eager to exercise these interests
- Eager to champion change projects geared towards community development & the SDGs
- Eager to engage with government institutions and influence policy
- Committed to attending the Online Training, Debates and is available for mentoring
Below is an outline of the components of the LEAP Africa Leaders Programme:
- Virtual Training on our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Virtual Community of Practice
- Change Project Pitching Sessions, Mentorship, and Implementation
- Leadership Debates
- Youth Leadership Conference
How to Apply
Eligible and qualified candidates should click the Apply Button below to apply. Kindly scroll down the application page and fill out the required information accurately.
Visit the LEAP Africa Official Website for More Details