NCDMB Annual Essay Competition Overview
NCDMB Competition: Applications are invited from Nigerians to participate in the 2023 NCDMB 7th Annual Essay Competition. This is a 1-Million-naira value worth Essay competition. The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) Annual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition is designed to promote the Nigerian Content (NC) initiative and raise awareness among Nigerians about the importance of building local capacity to participate effectively in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry.
Table of Content
- NCDMB Essay Competition Overview
- About the NCDMN National Essay Competition
- Brief Program Details
- Essay Topic
- Award Prizes of the NCDMB Essay Competition
- NCDMB Contest Rules
- Selection Modality
- Application Procedure
About the NCDMB 7th Edition National Essay Competition
The Nigerian Government, on the other hand, established the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) in 2010, following the signing into law of the Nigerian Content Development Act, to increase indigenous participation in the oil and gas industry, as well as to build local capacity and competencies to boost industry contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s economy. The NCDMB Annual Oil & Gas Undergraduate Nigerian Content Essay Competition was created and developed on the basis of the preceding.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
Award Value: Up to 1,000,000 Naira cash prize
Qualification: Undergraduate students
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 28 August 2023
Essay Topic: Nigerian Content and the Lessons from the Covid-19 Pandemic
Award Prizes of the NCDMB 7th Annual Essay Competition
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- N1,000,000 for 1st place,
- N700,000 for 2nd place,
- N500,000 for 3rd and
- All top 10 national finalists shall each receive a laptop
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
The NCDMB Contest Rules
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria – Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education.
- The competition opens on the 24th of July 2023. Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.ngon or before 28th AUGUST, 2023. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE FIRST).
- The competition opens on the 24th of July 2023. Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay. on or before 28th AUGUST, 2023. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE FIRST).
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD). VIEW AND DOWNLOAD
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
Contest Selection Modality
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to a plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- The award/prize-giving ceremony comes up 20th of SEPTEMBER, 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should refer to the NCDMB contest rule above. Click the Apply Button below to visit the application page.
Visit the NCDMB Essay Official Website for More Information