Application is open for 2022 The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) Fully Funded Conference to Berlin, Germany. You are provided with full details about the event here without compromise. Kindly read all instructions here carefully.
About The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP)
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders who want to help to emerge and develop markets to achieve a more sustainable future. With the following program plan, we provide focused support to our founders’ companies while also developing their leadership skills.
Kick-Off Conference: In the first week of September 2022, a two-day digital kick-off conference will be held.
Remote Program: The Young Founders will receive six months of support, including a personal mentor, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops, and networking opportunities with corporates and investors, from September 2022 to February 2023.
Berlin Conference: The ten highest performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Berlin in May 2023. Founders will have the opportunity to pitch to investors, participate in seminars, attend networking events, and gain insights into the German start-up landscape during this conference.
Eligibility Requirement Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
The foundation is looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured the first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact, or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in program activities for six months.
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. Please have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile
With these on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application deadline: Tuesday, August 9 at 11:59 CEST
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August 22-27, 2022
Notification of all applicants: 30 August 2022
Click on the “Apply Button” to begin the application.