LACC Fellowship: The application is currently open for the 2022 Lagos African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship for African Researchers.
About the Visiting Research Fellowship for African Researchers
The Lagos African Cluster Centre (LACC) invites applications for a one- to three-month Visiting Fellowship beginning in January 2023. Scholars interested in ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ through multidisciplinary engagement are encouraged to attend.
The Fellowship’s goal is to expose scholars to the process of reconfiguring African Studies within the context and realities of Africa. The scholar will become a Fellow of the Lagos – African Cluster Centre as a result of the scholarship (ACC). Fellows will be expected to engage with the above theme by re-examining basic assumptions and questioning them with multidisciplinary approaches in order to enhance, uphold, or dismiss current knowledge about Africans while demonstrating the multiple-ness in African discourses.
Brief Fellowship Details
Sponsor(s): University of Lagos
Academic Level: Postgraduate
Award Value: Travel Insurance, monthly stipend and others
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022
Full Fellowship Provisions and Benefits:
The LACC Fellowship shall make provisions for the following:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Lagos.
- Travel insurance in Nigeria
- Accommodation in the University of Lagos: single room with shared facilities.
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Requirements for LACC Visiting Research Fellowship Qualification
- Hold a PhD degree, by the time of application;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Be published in chosen area of specialty;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which applicant is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
Activities of LACC Visiting Research Fellowship
Successfully selected applicants will be required to teach in the M.A. programme affiliated with Lagos-ACC, present the results of their collaboration in the Lagos-PI/Fellow ACC’s Lecture series, participate in a joint research grant proposal, and collaborate with one Lagos-ACC researcher in publishing in a peer-reviewed journal as part of our Knowledge Lab.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached application instructions.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications must be submitted in English. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022.
Application Instructions for the 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship
Kindly submit an application package containing the items below in one PDF document to [email protected] with the Subject: VISITING FELLOW 2023
The Application Package should include the following:
- Information Page including
- First Name, Surname
- Date of Birth
- Current Home Address
- MA Degree (s) (Discipline, University, Year)
- PhD Degree: (Discipline, Dissertation Title, University, Year)
- Current Employment
- List of any relevant paid positions in the last five years
- Name of Lagos-ACC Principal Investigator (PI) that you would like to collaborate with
- CV (listing five relevant publications;)
- Research proposal (should contain)
- Title of research proposal
- Research proposal (max. 1500 words):
- Scholarly and/or applied relevance to Lagos-ACC interest (max 500):
- Work plan
- Please state intended research activities during the fellowship, month by month and note that Research area must be linked to one of the six Research Sections of the Cluster. Plan should state the intended outputs of collaboration, such as events, Lecture, publications, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation, (one should be from present employer)
- A statement from a Lagos-ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you.
Incomplete applications or applications by individuals who do not meet the requirements will not be attended to.
Visit the LACC Official Webpage for More Information