IELTS Award: The application is open for the 2022 British Council IELTS Prize. This is a 3,000 Euros award for winners.
Applications for the British Council IELTS Prize 2022 are now being accepted. The IELTS Prize is given to high-achieving individuals who are eager to advance in their careers and who have demonstrated the ability to contribute to society what they have learned during their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), which is used by educational institutions and universities all over the world, may be able to take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution, and destination.
About the IELTS Award
IELTS, the test that’s trusted by educational institutions and universities all around the world, could take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution, and destination. Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries below will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022
Eligibility Requirement for IELTS Award
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- be a resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa (except applicants in Canada)
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the academic year 2023/2024
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- register for an IELTS test with the British Council between 1 September 2021 and 15 September 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form
- have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 or higher
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by the latest 1 September 2023.
Shortlisting and Final Selection
Shortlisting and final selection will be carried out by a panel of British Council staff. The panel will use the personal statement on the application form for shortlisting purposes so applicants should carefully check the task completion criteria on the application form.
The final selection will be done by the panel in a further round, where shortlisted candidates will need to prepare and make a presentation on a specific topic provided to them by British Council.
All applicants with special requirements will automatically be shortlisted provided that they meet essential eligibility criteria.
Read Also: Step by Step Guides on How to Register for IELTS Exams
The personal statement is your chance to tell your story and is crucial in the shortlisting process. It should describe your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference to your life and those around you. Write no more than 500 words.
Full applications with the completed application form and required documents must be submitted to the British Council on this portal by 30 September 2022 – 11:59 GMT.
No applications will be considered after the deadline.
How to Apply
Read all the instructions provided below and thereafter click on the apply button below to start your application:
- be 18 years or above
- be a resident of the country you’re applying from (except applicants in Canada)
- have taken IELTS with British Council between 1 September 2021 and 15 September 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application.
- Book an IELTS test
- have a minimum overall IELTS band score of 5.5 or above
- be applying to an educational institution, anywhere in the world, that requires IELTS as part of its admission process
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in academic year 2023/24
- be able to provide the letter of acceptance from your university latest by 30 September 2022.
NOTE: If you are yet to write IELTS tests, see how to register/book for the IELTS test here.