Civic Changemakers Fellowship
Changemakers Fellowship: The application is open for the 2023 fellowship of the TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program for Young Passionate Nigerians. TransparencIT, an organization that promotes social justice and citizen involvement, is inviting young people to apply for a spot in its Civic Changemakers Fellowship. It claims to have created this program to provide young advocates with the information and skills necessary to drive positive change inside government and the public space.
About the Civic Changemakers Program
Through experiential learning and leadership development, the Changemakers program finds and develops community champions to push projects that address civic and governance concerns in local communities. Ten (10) community champions working on social justice and inequality issues in Nigeria will be supported with ideas for disrupting civic participation and enhancing governance through a rigorous application and selection process.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): TransparencIT Civic Changemakers
Award Value: Full Sponsorship | Training | Mentorship | Global Networking
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 30 June 2023
Full Benefits of the Civic Changemakers Fellowship
This program comes with the following benefits for participants:
- Interact with global experts on social justice and equity
- Access to learning, skill acquisition, mentoring, and professional development opportunities
- Get support to build and deploy solutions, provided by TransparencIT and its partners
- Be trained to utilize technology in advocacy and to improve governance
Eligibility Requirements for the Civic Changemakers Fellowship
This program is open to persons who meet these criteria:
- Must be aged between 18 and 35 years at the time they apply
- Should be resident in Nigeria at the time the program will take place
- Must be passionate about solving social justice and governance problems in their communities
- Should be able to write, speak, read, and understand the English language
Modality for Selection
The emerging changemakers will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Passionate Nigerians interested in contributing to global and national civic problems should visit the application page via the Apply Button below to apply for the 2023 TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Program.